Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the .40sw compacts come out yet? seem to be getting conflicting info.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
Code:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone heard anything on the compacts yet?? Still waiting, passed up an opportunity for a used SW-99 compact in .40

·
Registered
356 Posts
While the SW99 Compact is available in 9mm and .40 Auto, the P99 Compact seems like it will be available initially in 9mm only. It's unclear when and if the P99 Compact will be available in .40 Auto.

That's fine by me, because I prefer my 9mm P99s, and considering the lower weight of the P99 Compact (it weighs less than the baby Glocks; 19.75 versus 18.7 ounces), I am sure that I will most definitely prefer it in 9mm.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I was looking over the advertising slick and the book I picked up at this year's SHOT Show and, apparently, Walther's people are making compact P99's for both calibers (9mm and .40S&W) in the QA configuration but only the 9mm in the AS configuration. -It does seem odd that they'd only make .40 for one of the action configurations.

I don't know if the advertising materials are correct or not. For some reason, Walther's marketing materials usually have errors. The slick has a picture of a DAO pistol and labeled it a QA. -I'm just glad they pay more attention to their guns than they appear to spend on their promtional literature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lunde @ June 18 2004,7:10)]While the SW99 Compact is available in 9mm and .40 Auto, the P99 Compact seems like it will be available initially in 9mm only. It's unclear when and if the P99 Compact will be available in .40 Auto.

That's fine by me, because I prefer my 9mm P99s, and considering the lower weight of the P99 Compact (it weighs less than the baby Glocks; 19.75 versus 18.7 ounces), I am sure that I will most definitely prefer it in 9mm.
I would really prefer the .40 but I'll take the 9mm and if its a P-99, I'll take both, if they decide to release it in .40

·
Registered
12 Posts
But you know, the waiting is the hardest part!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just sent an email to S&W asking when the compacts were coming out.  The reply was "we should be seeing them from Germany this week or next". So hopefully, we'll see them in the stores soon.  I wonder where they will be priced?  If they are too high, I may have to go with a used G26.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gmeeks @ June 29 2004,7:49)]I just sent an email to S&W asking when the compacts were coming out.  The reply was "we should be seeing them from Germany this week or next".  So hopefully, we'll see them in the stores soon.  I wonder where they will be priced?  If they are too high, I may have to go with a used G26.
Well, that is good news at last, finally. Thanks for the   update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts