Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody ,
Let others shoot and handle your P-99's .
A lot of shooters are not aware of what a superb hand gun P-99 is . Spread the word .
I am doing my part , one guy has his on order and two more are seriously considering(one of them is a PI and carries a Glock ) . None had previously handled one .
If there is demand for them , maybe Walther will consider adding other models (instead of S&W) .
Vic

·
Registered
187 Posts
Right!
I have brought several co-workers to the club range, who have tried my P99 9mm, P22, & other firearms.
Two have now completed the required State Police approved Pistol Course & have LTC Permit applications in-process.
Both want P99 9mm's & P22's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting that you mention this...at the range alot of people I talk to "let" me shoot their Sigs, Berettas, etc., so of course I let them shoot mine...most times it is difficult to get mine back! It is amazing that everyone says how great it feels. I test shot many brands and even though they are obviously very good guns, I chose the P99 cause it felt the best. A few people even come up to me and stare as to get my attention...I know that they are not amazed by my shooting so I always ask if they want to shoot it. Many say that they have been waiting to try it out, and as long as I initially explain the trigger they all love it. One guy with a very expensive gun just ripped a hole right in the middle of the target at about ten yards. I peeked at his target and noticed some good groups, but not near as good as when he shot mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took two of my Co-Workers out with me to the range the other day, ( they are glock & kimber owners).
I asked if they wanted to fire the P99, they both said no, that they were happy with their guns
& for me to just have agood time.  After awhile though I noticed them looking at my grouping,
so I asked again if they wanted to try it out.  Well after 30 rounds each being fed into my P99,
they both wanted to know as much about my purchase as possible.  Fortunately, the range had
a P99 rental and for the rest of the day they both took turns shooting it and not their own guns.
Long story short, one has already placed a deposit on one, and the other is waiting for the right
deal to come along....
I have to agree with the notion of getting the gun into their hands to convert these guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a cop, we have to qualify quarterly with our duty pistol (H&K USP .40), also with our shotguns, back up and off duty weapons...everytime I'm at the range, there's always someone there who wants to try the P99...I've received nothing but praise and have made a few converts...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have let other shooters fire my P99 .40 but I am very patient and only let a shooters that I may have a small conversation with first. Many times shooters like to be left alone. I was itching to shoot a guys P38 and let him shoot my Walther but he seemed to be a very private person so I did not say anything. One day I shot a beautiful Springfield Armory 45 (brand new) and this guy loved firing my "modern" OD green and black James Bond special. We both had a good time, it brought me back to my Army days and he felt like a Secret Agent.

The Americans you meet at the range are some of the best.
Ren

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the hunt for a DA/SA autopistol. One of the top-runners is a P-99. It has to be a military green model, to match my 990. Great pistol. Most people who try it curse the trigger but love the ergonomics. Come to think of it, the pistol was exactly what I wanted at the time, and the ergonomics ARE pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the tendancy to allow others to fire my p99, only had one person i was concerned about not getting it back from. the only person who has fired mine that didn't like it was my wife...but she's quite happy with her sig p232. shoots much smaller groups much faster than i do...so i don't argue with her.

Adept

1 - 8 of 8 Posts