Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have asked what kind of accuracy is the P-99 capable of.

I can show show you what my P-99 is able to do - free standing - at the combat distance of 30 feet.

Keep in mind I am using an extended Ported barrel......and also my slide was made by S&W. Why this is important ? As you know accuracy is a factor of the consistent lock-up of the slide and barrel. My gun was made in 2000 -- when S&W was allowed to make some slides and barrels.

What I hope to show you is that The P-99 can be more accurate than the shooter, so if you are not seeing tight groups look towards your trigger control & pistol grip!

P-99 Accuracy

This target should show up on your computer at actual size.
This was the first shot from the gun, after setting up at the indoor range.

JF.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Aha!

I did nearly the SAME thing today with a silhouette target and my .40 P99.

To end the shooting session, I send the target out to 7 yards, aim square in the middle of the head, and pull the trigger.

I'll be darned if the shot didn't land smack in the center of the target's head!

I decided I would end on that shot, considering I hadn't been shooting very well, I just loaded one up, pointed the gun, watched the front sight, and squeezed.  Didn't think about it as much as I usually do.

I wish I had a pic!

-stunks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have been experimenting with my grip and have found that it has a significant impact on how I shoot. If I have more of my weak hand supporting the gun I shoot better. Both thumbs resting along side of the frame pointing toward the muzzle.

Sniper, If you shoot like this every week you can save $$ on ammo…just shoot one round down range and then go home…

You could then spend more time taking pictures and writing.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I am not the best shooter in the world - I have a bit of a shake to my hand. So, it's hard to be consistent and keep a group size like some guys I see here - quarter sized at 7 yards. But, I shoot my SW99 better than I did with the 1911 I had until recently. I love the gun

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JakeStar,

I have to say grip IS the most important aspect in handgun training. When you get it right..........it is hard to miss the target after that.

Don'y try this at home ........... but I have taken a student that had learned a pretty good point-shooting stance & developed a good solid grip......... and blind-folded him after he aquired the traget at 7 yds......Fired 6 rounds ........all center mass in the target. So, it is possible through perfect "form" to hit your target without even seeing it.

I shoot..............only to take away any excuses students might be conjuring up in their minds about why they are missing. If the "old guy" can do it............so should they be able..........

Been working on an AR15 build......so writing has taken the backseat for a few weeks........
Take care..........
JF.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can do about a quarter size at 5-7 yards. the P99 is the most accurate pistol I have by far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts