Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
I just changed mine on my P5C to 8# wolfs. You have to mildly compress the spring from the rear of the slide, turn the spring 90 degrees and pull it out through the side hole on the slide. You would think it pulls out from the front but it must pull from the back. You put the new ones in the same way from the back forward. Make sure to set the retainers in and feed the spring over them because you can't get the retainers in from the front once the springs are in. The spring and retainer are a tight fit and if you rotate the spring as you feed it it has a better chance of "screwing" on to the retainer. Hope this helps, good luck.

· Registered
11 Posts
Try just rotating the spring onto the retainer without actually installing them into the slide to get the feel of it, rotate on and reverse rotation direction to get off. I kept fiddling with it 'till it finally worked. Emery cloth and lube were my other thoughts but it didn't have to come to that. Be patient !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.