Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. I recently purchased a Walter p 38. The information that I found out about it was based on research I did on the serial number and codes. On the left side it has ac 42 and then 1572d. There is 359 with an eagle stamped on everything, in addition to the 1572d. From my research, I found that it was made in the Walther plant in May of 1942. All the parts match and it has not been refinished and does not have any Russian capture marks or import marks and the swastica is also intact and has about 75% of the original blue left. In addition, magazine also has the same 359 marking but does not have a serial number. I bought this because I love historical firearms and because what I thought was a really good price($300). I have no intention of selling it, however, I’m just curious about the value of it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from the Mountains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. This is not as easy to figure out as I had hoped. I have doing some more research online looking at auctions and other websites. They have values that range from $500 to $2000 for p38s that are the same year as mine.

Any recommendations on what brand of ammo and bullet weight to put through it? Would lead billets work or should I stay with jacketed bullets?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts