Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am wondering what info I can find about a gun my mother gave me. It belonged to her husband who passed in the mid 80's and was in WW-2. I've been trying to find out a reasonable value for it and I'm getting different from everything I see. The leather case is in very nice condition gcx 1943, swastika under eagle, WaA B17, P38. Right side of pistol has 3 markings 359, swastika under eagle, 359. Left side P38, ac43, 4650k, 4650 k, 359. Under the barrel 4650k. The plastic grip looks like it's black but under light appears to have been made to look like wood (even tho it's plastic) It all looks to be in great condition and has been in her safe since the early 60's. It also has the arm band which I have included a pic. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Values are subjective, yours has significant finish issues which detract from it somewhat. It appears to have been stored in a humid environment on the left slide side? It appears to be a 1943 Walther-made (as opposed to Mauser or Spreewerk) pistol. As far as wartime P38s, fairly common as production was in high gear or getting there. Holsters are far more variable but IMHO, 800-1000 with holster would tempt me. Did your relative have any bringback papers or at least history for it? The armband is interesting but I don't collect those, while yours may be original, there are too many fakes out there and so I stay away from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts