Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
An early 60's P38, BMI service, added a healthy dose of cold blue to the slide & barrel and some metal grips that came on an old Spreewerke gun. Great $200 shooter.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
When Zella-Mehlis was captured in 1945, US-GIs often let built their "bring-back guns" by Walther workers using left parts. These guns, often paid with cigarets, have mostly missmatches serial numbers, often without German proof marks.

·
Registered
923 Posts
All these guns came back to the us with the GI's too as far as I know They are limited to the the C and D block AC45's. My gun just has the firing proof and that's all

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Here are a few pics of the P38 I inherited from my Dad.
Walther manufactured in late March or early April 1943.
Included are two copies of the paperwork required to ship them home.
Holster, pistol, two clips, and a transit log Dad had to keep while in Germany.

Pudge

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Steven: Most of your pistol is from WWII. The slide is Walther, the frame is Spreewerk, and the barrel appears to be postwar.

M

·
Premium Member
8,496 Posts
A couple of pictures of my 1940 ac42
How is it possible to have a 1940 ac42??? Or should I say how can a 1940 ac42 exist??:D

Wouldn't this one have more likely been built in August of 1942?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is it possible to have a 1940 ac42??? Or should I say how can a 1940 ac42 exist??:D

Wouldn't this one have more likely been built in August of 1942?
Just a senior moment, or a typo.

Of course it's 1942, I believe from September, but it maybe August.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Steven: Most of your pistol is from WWII. The slide is Walther, the frame is Spreewerk, and the barrel appears to be postwar.

M
ahh .. so its a bitza... "bitza this n bitza that" .. sounds like someone had few parts laying around and decided to build the p38..

the barrel has no markings at all from which I figured the original was lost or worn out and simply replaced at one stage ..

and yup.. it was a blonde moment when I typed 1940..
curious.. its an awesome weapon and works perfectly .. Anyone got a clue as to its actual value?.. cause I havnt a clue

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
More than likely the postwar barrel or the WWII slide had to be altered to make them fit together, as normally they are not compatible.

M

41 - 60 of 130 Posts