Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all forum members,
I am looking for a holster for my PPQ. I will use this only at the shooting range to practice the draw. I do not intend to carry the gun, so retention and concealment are not an issue.

My no. 1 concern is that I would like a holster that does not mar the finish of the pistol and that is at the lower end of the price spectrum.

I thought about the AZULA leather pancake holster. What do you think? Do you have better suggestions?

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Garrett Industries makes kydex holsters that are lined with leather to protect the gun. i have one for my PPQ. it treats the gun nice...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The Safariland looks nice, but isnt it an unlined Kydex Holster? And it seems to snap around the trigger guard. I am afraid that it will show wear there with time.

The Garrets look nice, but they are rather on the expensive side.

Anyone has experience with the all leather Azulas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tulster or JM Custom or Lenwood Wreith. Have all three on multiple pistols. Zero wear on mine with months to years of use

·
Registered
692 Posts
The Safariland has a felt liner if you get the 6378-84 the retention is on the ejection port and doesn't ruin the finish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you are on the right track with your attention on the Azula Pancake. You will get wear from any holster. That said, your best option is a leather holster that is fitted for your model gun. The more you draw and holster your pistol the sooner it will start to show wear.

A Gun News Daily article (Jan. 2019) rated the Azula Pancake Holster as number one for the Walther PPQ.

The pancake holster tucks the gun close to your body and is a great choice for OWB carry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I highly recommend Garrett Industries. Their holsters are going to be a little thinner than a full leather holster and the two clips on the fusion holster really make a difference in distributing the weight of a larger gun like a PPQ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts