Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Curious as well. I was on board until I saw the price point. Little too rich for me to just try something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Always good info from you Memphis, I see you a lot at Brianenos too.

Having seen both, how is the length of pull between the Apex and the Overwatch? Which is shorter, and how much?

Having short fingers, I want the shortest LOP... I have a polymer gun, BTW.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Remind me to do a comparison for you in the morning. I assume you run the small backstrap on your Q5 or PPQ poly frame?

My fianceé’s gun is a PPQ with the small backstrap and APEX trigger. I’ll compare the two as best I can... the LOK grip on an SF is really small and short - I’m stunned how much I like it, being a guy who runs the Large backstrap on his Q5Poly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remind me to do a comparison for you in the morning. I assume you run the small backstrap on your Q5 or PPQ poly frame?

My fianceé’s gun is a PPQ with the small backstrap and APEX trigger. I’ll compare the two as best I can... the LOK grip on an SF is really small and short - I’m stunned how much I like it, being a guy who runs the Large backstrap on his Q5Poly.
Yes, I run the small backstrap and I have removed about 0,1" of material from the face of the Apex trigger I run to shorten the LOP further. Still I need to have the perfect grip placement in order to be able to manipulate both the trigger and the mag release without having to shift my grip.

I'm going to try Walthers new extended mag release, but I'm worried that the extra 5 mm that it extends outwards (instead of rearwards) might cause accidental mag ejections when gripping the gun hard.

Recently did the polish job you recommended on the top of the trigger bar and got rid of the scraping creep that always bothered me. Next is to install a set screw to shorten the creep.

Looking forward to your measurements.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Walter mag release and yes I ran into the problem of the mag falling out because of support hand pressure hitting it. Wish they would have designed it like the CZ, extended rearward and not as tall!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Walter mag release and yes I ran into the problem of the mag falling out because of support hand pressure hitting it. Wish they would have designed it like the CZ, extended rearward and not as tall!
Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass on the mag release then.

·
Registered
695 Posts
These kinds of problems would never happen with a paddle release. :p

Seriously, think of the variety of grips competition shooters could choose from if they had paddles on their steel frames. :eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know most of us like to tinker with our guns to some degree, but does the Q5 SF really need it? I have only dry fired one, and it honestly felt like a regular 9mm poly PPQ, but maybe the one I handled was assembled on a Friday afternoon....
The only Q that I would never touch internally is my Q45 because the trigger is ridiculously light and smooth for whatever reason, almost too light. People that have a Q45 know what I’m talking about.

Is the Q5 SF anything like the above Q45?

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
I know most of us like to tinker with our guns to some degree, but does the Q5 SF really need it? Is the Q5 SF anything like the above Q45?
My experience shooting the Q5 and my personal Q45 is that the factory trigger felt identical. However, I did replace the factory trigger with the Apex and replaced the TRS with a slightly lighter version resulting in a 3.5lb pull weight. What I did not and would never do is make any mod to the single action sear interface.....that is a "bridge" too far. I can hear Balance now!!:mad:

·
Registered
190 Posts
My experience shooting the Q5 and my personal Q45 is that the factory trigger felt identical. However, I did replace the factory trigger with the Apex and replaced the TRS with a slightly lighter version resulting in a 3.5lb pull weight. What I did not and would never do is make any mod to the single action sear interface.....that is a "bridge" too far. I can hear Balance now!!:mad:
That’s interesting because there was a thread on here with people documenting how vastly better their Q45 trigger is compared to any other caliber Q. Given that’s a small percentage of people, considering there has been 1000’s of them sold.

Yeah I’ve done a lot of internal work to my CZ’s and Sigs, but for some reason I haven’t touched my PPQ’s yet. I really do think the platform is that good.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
That’s interesting because there was a thread on here with people documenting how vastly better their Q45 trigger is compared to any other caliber Q. Given that’s a small percentage of people, considering there has been 1000’s of them sold.

Yeah I’ve done a lot of internal work to my CZ’s and Sigs, but for some reason I haven’t touched my PPQ’s yet. I really do think the platform is that good.
I can't speak for all people or guns, but my PPQ45 came with the lightest trigger of any if my PPQs, including the Q5 Match and PPQ SF.

The theory of the PPQ45 having the "best" trigger is true in my sample.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can't speak for all people or guns, but my PPQ45 came with the lightest trigger of any if my PPQs, including the Q5 Match and PPQ SF.

The theory of the PPQ45 having the "best" trigger is true in my sample.
Yeah my Q45 sounds exactly like yours, by far the lightest Q trigger compared to my 3 other PPQ’s. It’s almost too light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts