Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help as my eyes are not that good, it looks refinished this GB listing as both the slide and frame have identical color/finish…..there is nothing working with a refinish but that would mean not a full price as for an original one….check the markings…let me know.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
It appears to me that it was wiped down with a silicone cloth before photographing. Nice pistol, and even includes the “olive fork” that is usually lost.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks guys….some of you know I had 2 bad experiences….one scammer and one A-hole lyer ……….time to give it a third and last try…..$1k more to cough up at this time but its just something I got to do to scratch it of my bucket list…..AND to satisfy my JB itch As silly and unloving as it sounds…..I will report once I get it….it will be a battle but I will win.

·
Registered
685 Posts
if it's been refinished, photos 7 and 10 show they also took time to put some re-wear spots on the pointy bits....
It’s an unfortunate and not really logical assumption that a refinish is always done for nefarious purposes and viewed deceptively. Most are simply done to have a nicer-looking gun, which then continues to be used. So wear marks are never a strong indication of an original finish.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
It's noticeable that instead of the expected flat bottom magazine, there is a magazine with a brown finger extension. Maybe it's the original magazine that got the brown finger extension at a later time.

·
Registered
Ppk
438 Posts
It's noticeable that instead of the expected flat bottom magazine, there is a magazine with a brown finger extension. Maybe it's the original magazine that got the brown finger extension at a later time.
Isn't the spare mag in the box flat based?

I wonder why it's not marked "Made in West Germany". Possibly brought back to the US by a GI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s an unfortunate and not really logical assumption that a refinish is always done for nefarious purposes and viewed deceptively. Most are simply done to have a nicer-looking gun, which then continues to be used. So wear marks are never a strong indication of an original finish.
I got the impression the OP thought perhaps it was 'refinished' to make it a more valuable sale.
something refinished for sale would unlikely have wear spots.
but whether sometime in the years 1966 to now it had been refinished and then carried/used ... who knows

one brown mag ext and one black mag extension . . . that's a oddity.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I inquired and the response of the seller is that is “absolutely NOT refinished, all original”…..lets see.

The black extension I am sure was added to the second mag as brown are scarce.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Need your help as my eyes are not that good, it looks refinished this GB listing as both the slide and frame have identical color/finish…..there is nothing working with a refinish but that would mean not a full price as for an original one….check the markings…let me know.
The pistol's slide has a plum cast to it that the frame seems to lack. Ask seller if he has a 3-day inspection refund policy. The gun itself is a nice one, free from any Interarms markings or Made in W. Germany stamping on the frame and it has a matching alligator box and test target. It's also in the correct 7.65 mm James Bond caliber. What bothers me is the seeming difference between the slide's finish and the frames. It's noticeable in every photo. If it were me, and as tempting as it is, I would pass on it unless the seller offered an inspection period and a refund if you weren't satisfied.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
What bothers me is the seeming difference between the slide's finish and the frames. It's noticeable in every photo.
This circumstance isn't unexpected, but comes from the fact that the grip was blued in France, but the slide was blued in Germany. For this reason, the finishes of the frame and the slide may differ considerably.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts