Walther Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What does something like the RMR or 507/509 require as far as sight height!?
Currently using AmeriGlo Gl-329s with my stock rmr plate and rmr, they are slightly taller than I would like but it was the only suppressor heights they had at my local gun store.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a Holosum 507C for my 4" FS PDP ($250 from my local GD). I carry and compete with the Walther. I recently saw a video about the 507 where they did a drop test on to concrete while mounted on a PDP. The lens got a slight crack but held zero. The test was performed after firing 500 rounds, then dropped, and the test was repeated several times without losing zero. He even used the sight to rack the slide a bunch of times. The sight never lost zero.
I shot a bowling pin match with the setup this past Thursday and, although I was out of practice and still getting used to the gun, I was right up there in the top 4 at the end of 5 rounds. Very happy with the setup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went with the 509t because of it being an enclosed optic. It definitely puts it into a different class than the 507c/508c or RMRs.

Sage dynamics 10k round review on the 509t. He really beat his up (including 20 shoulder height drops on concrete 7:35 mark) and it is still going strong.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went with the 509t because of it being an enclosed optic. It definitely puts it into a different class than the 507c/508c or RMRs.

Sage dynamics 10k round review on the 509t. He really beat his up (including 20 shoulder height drops on concrete 7:35 mark) and it is still going strong.
Thats why I went RMR. 20K rounds and 40 drops. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
What are ya'll doing for sights to co-witness?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Currently using AmeriGlo Gl-329s with my stock rmr plate and rmr, they are slightly taller than I would like but it was the only suppressor heights they had at my local gun store.
Sorry made a post before I saw this. What height are they/what height is ideal?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats why I went RMR. 20K rounds and 40 drops. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
What are ya'll doing for sights to co-witness?
Ameriglo 611 off amazon works good for me. Low witness. I like there to be as little iron sight as possible but enough to line it up correctly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Trijicon SRO. Buy once, cry once, but you will be using it until you die. (Hopefully of natural causes.) SRO over RMS because only the good die young and you've been very bad and your eyes will age because you been looking at naughty stuff all your life. You were warned as a kid it would make you blind!! It's true! LOL

If you want an interesting option, look at Shield Sights. The UK military uses them and the cost is not that bad. I might for my .22 PPQ.

I looked at Vortex and they are merely ok, Vortex seems more a marketing company that builds average China stuff and backstops it with a better than average warranty. If driven hard, well I had two fail at critical times, so no more Vortex for me. Good range toy is all.

I also find Vortex quality to be all over the map, especially with their scope glass. The Glass in optics is better in the center but quality falls off rapidly toward the edge, so you lose peripheral view. What I saw suggested they also darken toward the edge either to cover for the poorer quality, or WTF, I don't know why, but deer will walk into the frame of the optic from the edge. If you are committed to Vortex, have them bring you every copy of the model you want to buy, as you will have to hand select the best one. Don't believe me? Well go check out a few of the same model side by-side and look into dark areas in the ceiling of the store as well as the bright outside the front door. Look especially in shadowy areas of the store using the edge of the glass, away from the crosshairs. Some will be ok, some suck. There's no quality control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry made a post before I saw this. What height are they/what height is ideal?
frontsight is .385 inches, no idea about the rear but they were sold as a set so Imagine it is the same. Generally you want a your sights to just clear the bottom of the optic body so they dont interfere with your view through the window but the sights i currently have take up the lower 1/3rd of my window.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a PDP Compact 5 inch on the way. I've got a 3moa Vortex Venom I've been saving. Has anyone mounted a Vortex Venom? Someone told me the venom won't fit in the slide cut.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a PDP Compact 5 inch on the way. I've got a 3moa Vortex Venom I've been saving. Has anyone mounted a Vortex Venom? Someone told me the venom won't fit in the slide cut.
PDP Compact 5 inch? Haven't heard anything about that. Is it something new? My PDP Compact has a 4 inch barrel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PDP Compact 5 inch? Haven't heard anything about that. Is it something new? My PDP Compact has a 4 inch barrel.
I've had my favorite LGS looking for a PDP Compact. He messaged me Friday night that he had a shipment inbound; but, the description and skew was different than what I gave him. I double checked and IT DOES EXIST!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had my favorite LGS looking for a PDP Compact. He messaged me Friday night that he had a shipment inbound; but, the description and skew was different than what I gave him. I double checked and IT DOES EXIST!
THAT is quite interesting. You are very lucky IMO. It looks great. I had no idea it exists.

I looked long and hard for a Compact and found one at Green Top in Ashland, VA. Once they had a copy of my FFL's license, it was shipped quickly. I was happy to find one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I want the 5 inch. I already have a Q5 match which is serving me well for IDPA. I was really wanting a carry gun with optic. I'm hoping they get both and I can choose between the two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
By the time you do the plate etc and the 509T you're in the ball park of the RMR. I bought an RMR for $500 shipped, the 509T with the adaptor is like $440? For $60 ill go with the American company
Europtic had the RMRCC by trijicon for $ 4.29, what a no brainer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts