Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a couple of concerns please can ANYONE help ? Firstly

I stupidly got an M1 Tac when I wanted an M2...

Will Walther sell me the new M2 Lower ?
Will it just fit the slide from my M1 no issues ?

What's going on with the Optics plates I need a Q1 and can't seem to locate anyone anywhere .

Thank you for any assistance I appreciate it..

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Will Walther sell me the new M2 Lower ? I don't see why not.....call em'.

Your M1 slide will fit an M2 lower.

For optics plates, and I'm assuming none came with your M1 Tac, call Walther, they'll send you 'one' at no cost.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just bear in mind that the "lower" IS the firearm and will require an FFL transfer. As imaoldfart says the slide would fit but the serial numbers won't match if that matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bear in mind that the "lower" IS the firearm and will require an FFL transfer. As imaoldfart says the slide would fit but the serial numbers won't match if that matters.
Thanks --- I didnt notice that serial number on the "lower" until you mentioned it. Uggg I Wonder if they will go for my request then considering ... Still It would be worth it to me. Its a metal plate inserted into the polymer "lower". To avoid any potential bull sheet I'd have a smith address that for me . Thanks again for pointing that out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, don't think you're getting it. The lower is the firearm... you can buy one from Walther or Earls but they will have to ship it to a FFL near you for transfer, same as any other gun. The new lower will have a different serial number.

·
Registered
129 Posts
At this point you either need to get used to the paddle release ( not that hard, they’re actually pretty nice) or just buy an M2 because you’ll pay nearly the same either way. Call the seller and see if you can exchange them or live with it. Personally I have an M 2 Q5 Match and an HK VP9 with the paddle release. I really don’t favor one mag release over the other.

And yes, figure out which dot you want to put on it any Call Walther. They will send you the appropriate ( one only) plate for free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floyd Eye is correct plate is on the way. And I will be looking out for a M2 unit to replace this one with ..
$$ would be basically like a new M2 anyway ... HATE that I missed what I really wanted by like minutes on GunBroker.
Stupid me should have just ate that $19 and went with the Buy Now option! Uggg! Does anyone know if Walther is EVER going to make M2 Tac's available again ? I obviously can't locate one ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Floyd Eye is correct plate is on the way. And I will be looking out for a M2 unit to replace this one with ..
$$ would be basically like a new M2 anyway ... HATE that I missed what I really wanted by like minutes on GunBroker.
Stupid me should have just ate that $19 and went with the Buy Now option! Uggg! Does anyone know if Walther is EVER going to make M2 Tac's available again ? I obviously can't locate one ..

Meanwhile shoot the one you got. You just might like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ChristianProgrammer, I just purchased an M2 Tac from Bass Pro last Saturday. I was there looking at a FN 509 but saw the Tac and got that instead. The website was not showing any M2 Tac's in stock.
I just requested my plate from Walther but am looking for another plate. I have a Holosun 507c gr that uses the #2 plate, same as RMR, but I also have a Vortex which uses the #1 plate. I can't find a way on the Walther site to order/get another plate. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ChristianProgrammer, I just purchased an M2 Tac from Bass Pro last Saturday. I was there looking at a FN 509 but saw the Tac and got that instead. The website was not showing any M2 Tac's in stock.
I just requested my plate from Walther but am looking for another plate. I have a Holosun 507c gr that uses the #2 plate, same as RMR, but I also have a Vortex which uses the #1 plate. I can't find a way on the Walther site to order/get another plate. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts