Walther Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
Thanks for your post! It's always good that we have more options.

If the C&H plate is drilled off-center I'd definitely be returning it to them and asking for a refund. I think/hope they'd also be thankful to know of a QC issue with their plate.

As for the Forward Controls plate it looks good, and I checked their website and they have plates for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 PDPs. But I think people need to be careful. The website only claims compatibility with the Trijicon RMR optic, while the C&H and the Walther plates are compatible with RMR, SRO, and Holosun 407C, 507C, 508C and 508T optics.

I have a Holosun 508T on my PDP and I don't think the FC plate would accept it. The 508T's front edge seems far less curved than the lip of the plate you show.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Gadget Communication Device Gas

I'm not saying this is a flaw with the plate, I'm just saying that if anyone is thinking of buying one to use with anything other than an RMR then they should check with Forward Controls to ensure compatibility.

·
Administrator
3,165 Posts
Thanks for your post! It's always good that we have more options.

If the C&H plate is drilled off-center I'd definitely be returning it to them and asking for a refund. I think/hope they'd also be thankful to know of a QC issue with their plate.

As for the Forward Controls plate it looks good, and I checked their website and they have plates for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 PDPs. But I think people need to be careful. The website only claims compatibility with the Trijicon RMR optic, while the C&H and the Walther plates are compatible with RMR, SRO, and Holosun 407C, 507C, 508C and 508T optics.

I have a Holosun 508T on my PDP and I don't think the FC plate would accept it. The 508T's front edge seems far less curved than the lip of the plate you show.
View attachment 104955

I'm not saying this is a flaw with the plate, I'm just saying that if anyone is thinking of buying one to use with anything other than an RMR then they should check with Forward Controls to ensure compatibility.
They also advertise plates for the Aimpoint Acro and Steiner MPS.

It's great to see more aftermarket options for the PDP platform. It's a sign the platform is having some well-deserved sales success.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You make a great point. I went with an RMR because I got a good deal and Trijicon has a reputation for ruggedness and common foot print. I would DEFINITELY ask them if their plates fit similar footprint red dots before committing. In my experience, Forward Controls is a responsive company and if you were needed info, I think they’d gladly share it. I also think they’re working on more plates and especially with Walther, more aftermarket support is great like Jimmo said.
I might contact C&H about their bad plate and see if I can trade for a different one to try other optics. I hope it’s just a fluke.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had read about slow delivery of optic plates from Walther which some people have experienced. Others have not. Late May or early June I bought a full size PDP and ordered a #02 plate for a Holosun 507C. My PDP has the new frame cut. I ordered late one evening and the plate arrived in my mail the fourth morning after ordering.

Just an experience of one.

I now have a new PDP 4" compact in FDE frame. I'll be ordering the same plate, although I'll be in no hurry to mount an optic on it. We'll see how long it takes to arrive.

Reactions: kbmcml

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
I ordered optics plate #2 for my PDP-F 3.5 and it arrived at my house less than a week later.
And the same plate fits the Gen 2 PDP.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had read about slow delivery of optic plates from Walther which some people have experienced. Others have not. Late May or early June I bought a full size PDP and ordered a #02 plate for a Holosun 507C. My PDP has the new frame cut. I ordered late one evening and the plate arrived in my mail the fourth morning after ordering.

Just an experience of one.

I now have a new PDP 4" compact in FDE frame. I'll be ordering the same plate, although I'll be in no hurry to mount an optic on it. We'll see how long it takes to arrive.
I ordered the 02 plate for my new PDP compact just after lunch Eastern Time on Friday July 8th, which was the day after my post quoted above. It arrived in the morning mail on Thursday, July 14th.

I'm sure it is frustrating for those who have had long waits.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
I ordered the 02 plate for my new PDP compact just after lunch Eastern Time on Friday July 8th, which was the day after my post quoted above. It arrived in the morning mail on Thursday, July 14th.

I'm sure it is frustrating for those who have had long waits.
They‘re probably producing them in batches, and I’d guess that the 02 plate (RMR, many Holosuns, etc.) is the version most in demand.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts