Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to Walther CS The RMR plates are shipping but the DPP plates have not yet arrived. They are hoping to get them in a couple of weeks! I've heard that before. I'll believe they exist when I've mounted my optic on my "optics ready" pistol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fraud is a bit strong for the optic plate fiasco. First I’ll say I own a full size PDP and it’s a fine piece. The whole optic cut and plate has been a big gaffe for Walther from the git go, first the smooth cut was not the best decision Walther ever made. Second the gun was pumped up as designed for optic. The gun was released before the needed plates were on hand creating a situation where people were waiting for a month or better for the plate. Then they changed to a cut with lugs and made the same mistake of releasing it before the plates were in hand, again folks are waiting long periods for the plate. Very frustrating to say the least, I personally dealt with it and it sucked! So technically if you want to get picky you could say the gun was not optic ready (fraud) due to the needed plate unavailability, but that’s quite a bit of a stretch. I see it as a big goof up that Walther really doesn’t want to own. My personal experience with Walther CS on this issue tells me that, and has certainly changed my opinion of Walther as a company, at least the rep I dealt with stateside. But flat out fraud? NO!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I talked to Walther customer service today. Still no 2.0 plates for the DPP and no idea when they will get here from Germany. I was told that once they arrive that they will be in customs for 30 days before they can be shipped to Walther. So even if they arrive today it will be over 3 months, a quarter of a year, before I can mount an optic on my optics ready pistol. A pistol I bought specifically because it was optics ready. Also, Walther has no plans to use any kind of expedited shipping to get them out to their customers a little quicker. This is really getting me down.
The guy I talked to suggested I go to C&H to buy a plate! I might have to but is seems like Walther should pay for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a Romeo1pro. 6 moa. I spent a week at the SIG Sauer academy and that's what they have on all their loaner guns. I really liked it. Nice clear dot and it handles sunny situations well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Change of plans! I called Walther and asked if the could send me a RMR plate instead of the DPP plate I originally ordered 3 months ago. RMR plates are in stock. They sent the RMR plate and I should have it by next week. Sure, I'll need to use a different red dot than I planned but at least I can shoot the gun I've owned for 3 months.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
Change of plans! I called Walther and asked if the could send me a RMR plate instead of the DPP plate I originally ordered 3 months ago. RMR plates are in stock. They sent the RMR plate and I should have it by next week. Sure, I'll need to use a different red dot than I planned but at least I can shoot the gun I've owned for 3 months.
What, you can’t shoot with iron/polymer sights?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No I can't. My eyes have become really bad in the last year or two. I used to shoot irons with my eyes focused on the target rather than the front sight. That works great (especially for competition. Try it you'll like it.) but now the sights are just a blurry blob. I was hopping to shoot the walther in the carry optics division. It being optics ready and all.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
No I can't. My eyes have become really bad in the last year or two. I used to shoot irons with my eyes focused on the target rather than the front sight. That works great (especially for competition. Try it you'll like it.) but now the sights are just a blurry blob. I was hopping to shoot the walther in the carry optics division. It being optics ready and all.
Oh, I see. Well, I hope your plate comes quickly. I just ordered an RMR plate from them too for the PDP I picked up this week.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
My Gen 2 RMR plate arrived in today's mail.

Ordered June 16th, arrived June 21st. Not too bad!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I purchased a PDP 5" on May 23, 2022 and have not received the optic plate for the Vortex Viper red dot optic that I requested online. When I called in early June to ask about it, I was told that they were still waiting for the plates to arrive from Germany and that when they received them, they would begin shipping them out to the folks on their list.
When I purchased a Q5 Match SF, they sent me the plate for it very quickly. Granted, this was about a year ago, and at that time, things were different regarding the supply chain.
It has been more than a month since I purchase this pistol, and one of the main reasons I chose it was because of the optic cut in the slide. I am able to shoot it using the iron sights, but I am 73 years old and enjoy shooting much more when using a red dot. I remain hopeful!

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
136 Posts
Hello!
I purchased a PDP 5" on May 23, 2022 and have not received the optic plate for the Vortex Viper red dot optic that I requested online. When I called in early June to ask about it, I was told that they were still waiting for the plates to arrive from Germany and that when they received them, they would begin shipping them out to the folks on their list.
When I purchased a Q5 Match SF, they sent me the plate for it very quickly. Granted, this was about a year ago, and at that time, things were different regarding the supply chain.
It has been more than a month since I purchase this pistol, and one of the main reasons I chose it was because of the optic cut in the slide. I am able to shoot it using the iron sights, but I am 73 years old and enjoy shooting much more when using a red dot. I remain hopeful!
Thank you for your service.

I hope your plate arrives soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t know if this helps anyone else in this thread (and I hope I’m not hijacking) but Forward Controls currently sells a v1 RMR mount and a v2 Acro mount for the PDP. I’m very happy with my RMR mount from them. My OEM RMR plate was nice so I keep as a back up. The C&H plate I plaid extra for was drilled off center meaning that when I tried to draw and “present” the gun, you couldn’t even see the dot because of how tilted it was. One pic is all three plates side by side, you can see the holes are closer on one side than the other for the C&H. Other pic, sorry about the bad picture, I took it really quick before I had to remove it because it was useless. The red line is a rough indication of the slant of the RMR that made it unusable. This was my first optic ready pistol so I was a little disappointed. I’ll probably throw my OEM on the trading post (when I’m eligible) and give my C&H away to anyone who wants an off kilter plate. I have no stake in any company, I’ve just been excited for the PDP for a long time and the C&H’s QC bummed me out. I have heard random reports of their QC slipping recently on other forums so I hope that improves. They make plates for almost every configuration and being a Walther guy through and through, I want both companies to succeed. I’m curious if the C&H v2 plates are better because I definitely want more PDPs.
Wood Rectangle Font Hardwood Metal

Tartan Camera accessory Gadget Communication Device Gesture

21 - 40 of 52 Posts