Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an optics plate for my PDP full size 5 inch April 4. Is now May 13th and just heard back that it will be another 2-3 weeks before I receive it. I've had the new optic since the end of March. Needless to say I am beyond frustrated. I had considered purchasing the New PDP Pro, now I have second thoughts. What does anyone think about the delay. Please don't respond with covid!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The plate issue has been ongoing from the initial intro of the PDP and has not changed other than them sending out an email.

I purchased my PDP two days after the release and waited two months for my plate and never ever received an email even after contacting them by phone.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got lucky and new someone with a 3D printer and I borrowed a plate from someone and took measurements and had the guy print me one. It fit perfect with no wiggle. Even if you don't have the option to borrow one to get the measurements I am sure you would be able to reach out to someone on this forum or some other and get the measurements. Mine used the doctor's footprint or I would give you the measurements and pictures of mine. As far as purchasing another Walther I say go for it. Some of the best guns made IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered an optics plate for my PDP full size 5 inch April 4. Is now May 13th and just heard back that it will be another 2-3 weeks before I receive it. I've had the new optic since the end of March. Needless to say I am beyond frustrated. I had considered purchasing the New PDP Pro, now I have second thoughts. What does anyone think about the delay. Please don't respond with covid!
I ordered my plate almost two months ago! Still waiting. When I ordered it I got a message saying I'd get my plate in about ten days. I need the gen 2 plate and I haven't seen that one for sale from an aftermarket manufacturer yet. But even if it was available I shouldn't have to buy it. Walther adds the price of the plate into the cost of the pistol so I already bought one but Walther hasn't given it to me yet. It gets my blood boiling every time I think about it. I get it. Covid. Supply chain. Blah blah blah. How about not telling me it will take 10 days. The customer service reps say that they are more frustrated than I am about the situation. No. I don't think you are!

·
Administrator
2,959 Posts
Fact is, when you say free ones here, oh sorry none left, but the company you contracted to C and H Precision is selling them with walther logo, it is not a supply problem. It is a high priority to sell and a low priority to the Free ones they promised. Fraud by any definition.
I understand your frustration but are you sure you are not getting the V1 and V2 plates mixed up?

C&H makes and sells V1 plates sold under their own names and also for Walther.

I do not think they are making the V2 plates for Walther.

The V2 plates being slow to be delivered is not a C&H issue.

·
Administrator
2,959 Posts
Fact is, when you say free ones here, oh sorry none left, but the company you contracted to C and H Precision is selling them with walther logo, it is not a supply problem. It is a high priority to sell and a low priority to the Free ones they promised. Fraud by any definition.
You are making a strong accusation without having your facts straight.

So far, this seems to be your only "contribution" to the forum.

I get your frustration. It's entirely understandable but get your facts straight before throwing around words like "fraud".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts