Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rmr footprint with backup sights

I posted about this when I saw it on Walthers instagram. It's priced much higher than I hoped it would be at $150 but it's up for preorder now. I don't have an rmr or holosun(I have a vortex venom 3moa) so I'm debating if it will be worth it to switch to either one just to have irons.
If anybody has a vortex venom and either an rmr or holosun, I'd appreciate any info on whether it's worth an upgrade.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised that it was $150, seems pretty steep. At this point I'm looking at the Holosun 407k/507k which has a small notch at the rear to help co-witness. Seems to be more robust and less expensive than the Shield RMS series, which is the only other optic I know of with such a notch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been leaning toward the H507c. Happy to see that Walther is releasing an OEM backplate with suppressor height sights. I have a PPQ M1 5" that I loved so much I just picked up a Q4 TAC so I could add my Osprey can. (debated over just grabbing a threaded barrel from Jarvis, but I couldn't resist another PPQ instead). Love both tremendously, and prefer the Q4 for size and IMO, slightly less "snap/pop" at the muzzle. I've searched many sites and forums and I even reached the 8th page of my google search results! (seriously, how often do you go passed page 1 or 2 in the results??) To my findings, L&M precision in Georgia came up frequently as the PPQ custom shop for slide milling and custom height sights. I think I read, Mark, had charged about $140 for a set of custom suppressor height sights back in (2012? i think) His site now states he is incredibly backed up on orders and he may eventually step away from the business, so this release from Walther is quite timely. I get that Glock is the "honda civic" of handguns in that there is a myriad of aftermarket parts, so this gives me some hope that the PPQ can gain some market share and have some dedicated players in the aftermarket game. So a long way to say, I think $150 is a fair start, and it does come with a plate (yes I prefer less of course). Sorry for a long-winded opinion post, can't blame ya for tldr, it's a weekend and I get to finally "talk fguns".

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the Venom. I would like to be able to co-witness with the irons. I'm not paying $150 for a plate though. If it was $50 I'd consider it.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
The optics plate with backup irons is a much needed development for Walther. Hopefully it will be included as standard on some of the Walther models.

I feel the same way about the soon to be released Dynamic trigger. I'd like to see it as standard on some of the competition oriented PPQ models.

·
Registered
245 Posts
DPP has an optional rear sight that fits the DPP, not the plate, so that with the correct height front sight is always another option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised that it was $150, seems pretty steep. At this point I'm looking at the Holosun 407k/507k which has a small notch at the rear to help co-witness. Seems to be more robust and less expensive than the Shield RMS series, which is the only other optic I know of with such a notch.
Check out the Swampfox Liberty sight.It too has a rear notch to co witness.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If co-witness is a concern, be sure whatever RDS you get has a "shake awake" system, If the intent is to carry the pistol, you won't get the chance to "turn on" a red dot if you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts