Walther Forums banner

Opinions wanted

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fallschirmwomble 
#1 ·
Hello all,

My father is looking to get a BB gun to practice trigger pull and plinking with. He asked me about this Umarex company. Told him I would do a little research. From the reading I have done, they are pretty good. Watched a few youtube videos.

First hand experience. Tell me what you have seen/experienced.

Good, bad, or ugly. Let me know.

Thank you.

#2 ·
My penny's worth

My favourite 2x Umarex pistols are the Walther CP99 and the Walther PPS. The former has a removable 8x round cylinder for lead pellets, is NON blowback, adjustable windage on the rear sight and is double action by default: handcocking enables single action. I get ~60-80 rds per capsule.

The latter a 18x round magazine for steel BB, is blowback, non-adjustable sights and is single action only. I get ~115-120 rds per capsule. Both pistols have a Weaver rail for lasers or torches.

If your dad wants it to be a BB firer, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the PPS. I cannot speak for the Walther CP99 Compact which is concealed carry version of the CP99 and which is a BB firer.

Using the Umarex "Legends" version of the PP'08 (aka "Luger"), power is higher but the trigger squeeze is long and hard. Good for muscle training.

I shoot at 5x metres and sometime 10x metres: for me, all of these pistols are equally accurate in fair lighting.

The sights on the PPS are good in dim light. Shooting against some backgrounds in some lighting conditions, the CP99 and Luger sights sometimes become difficult to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.