Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a ppks, blued today. It is used and shows holster wear but no scratches and appears to be in really good condition.
On the slide it says made in Germany and on the other side it has the Interarms logo, seems to be in a cluster.

On the barrel there are several marks-- what may be a crown and two other marks, which I can't remember. It is also stamped 72

The serial number on the frame and slide match, however, it appears that the number on the frame has an S at the end, but not on the slide.

This comes with one mag, with a pinky rest. No box.

They are asking 360.00. I was looking for a stainless PPKS since I recently bought a blued PPK, however, mine does not appear to be as old, and mine does not say made in Germany.

Is this worth buying? What might be the actual value?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Only problem is that it is out of state and I need to have it shipped to an FFL and I am not sure what that would cost-- I have never done that.

Thanks,

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I feel the same way, however, I was wondering if the fact that this is made in germany makes it a better gun or more valuable ? Or is it basically the same value as a made in America Interarms?

The only mark on my PPK is the N. This one has three marks.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
it is worth more than the Interarms model.....(which I think you have right now .. if I understand your comment about the "N" right.... and it should be in .380 SS)
the 3 marks are proofs.... they should be date code... as you already mentioned '72..... eagle/N and a staghorn or some call it antler
If you want a PPK/S I would take it... it's a fair price

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The "crown" symbol described to be on the barrel (actually on the frame over the chamber) doesn't sound right. It might be a St. Etienne "castle" proof, in which case the gun might be a mixmaster. Or the "crown" might be the stylized German eagle proof, in which case it is appropriate.

M

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
A German-made Walther imported by Interarms is worth more than an Interarms-made Walther, to be sure. When the Interarms company took over the contract, they built fine PPks, but it's tough to top the actual quality that Walther/Germany put into the craftsmanship of these guns. The one you are looking at would likely make a fine shooter. In addition, it would likely make a good addition to a growing collection -- it appears that this is a version of the PPK that you don't currently have.

Even with a $25 FFL transfer fee, the price seems decent enough ... if you can confirm the gun's overall condition and the fact that it is not, via MGMike's post, a mix-'n-match sample. I'd look hard at that before I bought. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts