Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering picking up a used walther BA-6 laser for my P99. However b4 doing so I was hoping to receive opinions from any who had any experiences (both pro and con are welcome).

Specifically:
-Was this visible in direct daylight..sunlight, and if so what was distance?
-How was battery life?
-Did the screws holding this unit to the rails loosen up during firing?
-Would you recommend this unit?

Thanks to all for input.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Yes the BA6 and the Blast2 (both can be light/laser or laser only) are the ones that really work....though the BA6 with light is bulky
I know that a guy on Glock talk has a BA6... and I think Sniper350 on this board has a Blast2 (laser only)....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, Laser Devices Inc. make lasers that work ....many are sold over-seas to other military groups. They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for in this area of "toys for Boys"

My laser has worked flawlessly for 3 years now............ and I never had to re-adjust the zero [ after the initial zero ]........occassinally I will re- tighten the screw holding it to the rail system. This is only needed once every few months or so.

Daylight use ? You are getting into a touchy matter here, as I don't believe any of the Red lasers were ever made to work in sunlight. The diode used by LDI seems to be one of the best, but not easily picked up in sunlight - sorry.
This is the reason for maintaining a good mechanical sight system on your weapon...........and only opt for laser use in low light situations.

JF.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
man oh man
do you smell it every time I mention your name ?? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts