Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

From my limited perspective...

PMM-
pros- more secure(?) shim and glue and torque, no barrel machining.
cons- more precise fitment requirements or skilled installation
Jarvis-
pros- once threads machined it's kinda plug and play with no shims
cons- sending barrel off or machining index locally, less secure (?) with a set screw

Open to other similar options, if there are any? I like the idea of top side only porting.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm curious what people are thinking about these as well. I believe I heard that Jarvis would be making a q5 sf specific comp sometime this year too. I'm actually surprised Walther hasn't made their own oem comp yet. I think we will be starting to see oem comps in the next year or 2

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

From my limited perspective...

PMM-
pros- more secure(?) shim and glue and torque, no barrel machining.
cons- more precise fitment requirements or skilled installation
Jarvis-
pros- once threads machined it's kinda plug and play with no shims
cons- sending barrel off or machining index locally, less secure (?) with a set screw

Open to other similar options, if there are any? I like the idea of top side only porting.
I bought the PMM for a Q4 TAC but have yet to receive it. I rolled the dice thinking the shim install would be better long term and easier short term. I also like the look of the PMM better but I'll have to get it in hand, installed and tested before I can tell you about application of my theory. Fingers crossed that I guessed right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They should make it possible to put the front sight on the compensator. Longer sight radius and a front sight that does not move with the slide are obviously advantages. Missed opportunity!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ac1065- jealous and looking forward to your feedback!
Also stumbled onto this one, but it’s kinda generic/not very sexy. Lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think I remember someone on this forum had experience with that comp. I think I was in on the thread actually

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
They should make it possible to put the front sight on the compensator. Longer sight radius and a front sight that does not move with the slide are obviously advantages. Missed opportunity!
Might get the desired result by picking up a Q5 and fluting the barrel. Same size and the slide is cooler looking. Just wouldn't have the flexibility to deconstruct back down to a 4".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got in the PMM Comp. Installed with the shims and admittedly may not have it as tight as it should be. It's hand tight and not vice tight. That said, it shot like an absolute cloud of a dream with some Fenix 147 gr match grade ammo. I also shot some 124 remington i think and 115 Federal aluminum and I had several ejection malfunctions with the light stuff. This could be down to the install or my shooting. Not sure. That said, and only being about 150 rounds in, it looks great and shoots great with a heavier load. I'm working on getting a vice and adding in another little bit of shim leverage for tightness. Not sure if I'll even use the rocksett.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got in the PMM Comp. Installed with the shims and admittedly may not have it as tight as it should be. It's hand tight and not vice tight. That said, it shot like an absolute cloud of a dream with some Fenix 147 gr match grade ammo. I also shot some 124 remington i think and 115 Federal aluminum and I had several ejection malfunctions with the light stuff. This could be down to the install or my shooting. Not sure. That said, and only being about 150 rounds in, it looks great and shoots great with a heavier load. I'm working on getting a vice and adding in another little bit of shim leverage for tightness. Not sure if I'll even use the rocksett.
And if you think the ppq feels like cheating by itself then you're going to really feel like cheating with this comp on it. Ok, that's all ive got.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback ac1065.
I’m still on the fence. And see that I mis- linked the Jarvis comp.

What caught my eye is their claim that it works with any ammo basically and no need for +p.
So guess I’ll have to is get the Jarvis and give the forum some more on the ground feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts