Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PPQ M2 (9mm, 15-rd magazines), and noticed a weird phenomenon with both magazines. When loaded with 14 rounds, round #7 seems loose - I can visibly see it moving back and forth in the magazine box. If loaded with one less or one more round, and this issue seems to disappear.

I have not noticed this to cause any sort of problems when at the range, so I'm not overly concerned, but just curious if anybody else has run into this.

Since it probably bears on this inquiry, the ammo in question (so far) is American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo.

·
Premium Member
14,264 Posts
Rattling magazines are not unique to the PPQ.....many double stack magazines will rattle. Been lots of post about this phenomenon .... it ain't no biggie .... has no adverse effect on the function of the magazine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rattling magazines are not unique to the PPQ.....many double stack magazines will rattle. Been lots of post about this phenomenon .... it ain't no biggie .... has no adverse effect on the function of the magazine.
Thanks. I'm no stranger to rifles, but am relatively a complete noob with handguns. My armory time in the army was limited to diagnosing and fixing the M9s (Berettas, for the non-military folk), but never loading or firing them. I know...the injustice.

Thanks for the quick reply. Aim true, my friend.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Agree with above statement and double stack mags in general. Filler up and smile as you jingle and whistle a bit to it. :)

Really though, give it a firm downward smack into your palm to reseat them slightly. This will fix it for me and a good practice to ensure everything has seated properly,

I conceal carry daily. I fill each mag, rack a round, drop mag, top off with 1 additional round and reinsert. It doesn't rattle. Hopefully 'that' day never comes but if it does the last thing I'm going to worry about is a slight rattle. :)

Enjoy the shoot.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I only have the rattle on my +2 mags. With 16 in it, no rattle, with 17, it makes a small noise, no matter how hard or oft I slap it. Oh well, functions perfectly fine, and if I can't hear it on my hip when I do carry it, then no worries. It's a range/home D mag anyway, so again, no worries for me :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I just wanted to ensure I had nothing to worry about. It functions fine, and I'll be shooting it again on Saturday. I'm satisfied, and certainly doesn't diminish my opinion of the firearm or brand.

JackRock
Sent from my TapaTalk app on Android

·
Registered
821 Posts
I conceal carry daily. I fill each mag, rack a round, drop mag, top off with 1 additional round and reinsert. It doesn't rattle. Hopefully 'that' day never comes but if it does the last thing I'm going to worry about is a slight rattle. :)
I have a similar routine.... Put my stuff on. Check mag and chamber a round. I then swap in the full spare to have a "tac reload" repetition. Next I return the magazine into its carrier and then safely holster the pistol. Lastly, I top off the mag used to administratively load the weapon and I'm set. No fumbling.

Since it was brought up, I too have a slight rattle. Didn't notice till it was brought up here. Rap on the butt plate quiets it down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All of my 15 round Walther and Magnum Research magazines do the same. The rattle amount varies in each(16 total). Recall that they did it with even number of rounds down to a certain round count.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts