Walther Forums banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Yeah, Pete and that twerp from CA who would be happy to nuke us if we resisted confiscation.
As regards the arm brace, I wasn't aware that it was now legal to 'shoulder' it, and FFA'd my Scorp for that reason a couple years ago. Ignorance of the law is no defense, but as gun owners (not to mention cops), trying to stay abreast of what's legal this week is a challenge.
Moon

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Yeah, Pete and that twerp from CA who would be happy to nuke us if we resisted confiscation.....

All this "black guns" are bad talk leading into the 2020 election has me wishing POF USA was a public traded company.

I expect sales to pick up later this/early next year.

I can't understand the medias "double standard" when it comes to showing images from the Columbine shooting 2 decades ago, I've seen the video footage of the blood covered boy struggling in the library window over two dozen times in the last few days, yet "justified" shootings victim vids are deemed too "graphic" to show.

Oh, wait. I just realized, the Columbine vid footage supports their "ban guns" narrative.

That makes it easier to understand CCN News having lower ratings then the Food Network last ratings cycle.
People would rather watch water boil than see CNN spew BS.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Columbine was a tragedy, regardless of politics.

I agree, as is anytime one of these mass shootings occur.

There is NO need to display graphic footage of this event for ANY reason, even the advancement of the anti-2nd A agenda.

The mainstream media need to lay off talking points along the lines of Columbine being like 9-11-01, stating EVERONE knows where they were when they heard of the tragedy. This puts ideas into the heads of nut-jobs, a way to immortalizing their pathetic existence with an event EVERYONE will remember, like 9-11.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
The Explorer case was the right choice, makes the Pelican cases look cheap.

The Mod#11413 (45"x14"x5.5" inside) weighs over 20 lbs empty (the AR-10, as pictured, weighs 11 lbs, 11 ozs, without ammo). The lid stops at ~100 degrees (no lid "flop" open to 180 deg), has wheels with bearings, and 2 man lift handles (with a looooong main handle that allows for 2 handed lifting, 12" grip surface).
The case has a "size specific" molded gasket that gives it a Military grade waterproof rating (not the cut to length "off a roll" gaskets that are not continuous, read; LEAK). The latches clamp the case down HARD, yet are a 2pc pivoting design that uses a lever effect to multiply force while opening, ingenious design, that makes the latches open the case with moderate effort.

This purchase makes Explorer cases my go-to even more now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
The availability of sub-sonic 308 Win ammo (at good prices) has me considering the POF Revolution 12.5" 308. This would have shooting dynamics similar to a 12.5 300 Blackout.

This would make a 308 suppressor swappable with my new AR-10 (POF P308 SPR), and would take the same mags as the big brother (I have 11 more Magpul Gen M3 20rd mags arriving Monday).
So much for the "one and done" mentality that spawned this thread. It looks like you, too, have been bitten by the AR-patterned rifle bug. I'm unsurprised. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
If it was good enough for Rhodesia, it’s good enough for anyone! ;)

After 50 years of shooting 7.62mm "black rifles" ranging from the first Armalite AR-10 prototypes to the current (and insultingly overpriced) FN SCAR-17, and most types in between, in the end I remain content with my venerable FN G-1 FAL.

Everybody and his 2d cousin is producing some trendy or modular variation of AR-platform 7.62x51mm parading this tweak or that. They promise all sorts of real and imaginary attributes, but I am not persuaded that they're really any better for practical use.

No other 7.62x51mm battle rifle has seen as much combat service in every conceivable environment as the FAL, or has yet proved itself as dependable as the FAL.

M

·
Registered
284 Posts
So much for the "one and done" mentality that spawned this thread. It looks like you, too, have been bitten by the AR-patterned rifle bug. I'm unsurprised. :)
I knew that was going to happen when I read the thread title and author way back when this started! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
I knew that was going to happen when I read the thread title and author way back when this started! :D :D :D
So true.

My older son was unsure what he wanted for his birthday (last month), has pretty much decided on a Steyr AUG. The younger sons birthday is this month, and hearing what the older one has decided on, seems to want the same.

Currently pricing THREE Steyr AUG bullpups.

Just ordered almost 3k in ammo last week (Buds and TargetSport USA), and high bidder on another NIB HK P7 M13 on GB. An expensive month for the gun hobby.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
So true.

My older son was unsure what he wanted for his birthday (last month), has pretty much decided on a Steyr AUG. The younger sons birthday is this month, and hearing what the older one has decided on, seems to want the same.

Currently pricing THREE Steyr AUG bullpups.
You'll end up paying a lot for the Steyr name. If the name isn't what's important to you about the rifle, you might also consider pricing the Microtech MSAR STG-556. It's an AUG A1 clone.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I'm getting a headache.....sides, I'm going over to be shot with protons that are traveling 125,000 miles per second...they circle for 313,000 miles from the emitting tube until they hit my hips. Not sure of the twist rate.....but makes my AR seem pretty slow. 1917

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I'm getting a headache.....sides, I'm going over to be shot with protons that are traveling 125,000 miles per second...they circle for 313,000 miles from the emitting tube until they hit my hips. Not sure of the twist rate.....but makes my AR seem pretty slow. 1917

Hope the results are good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Somebody say AR?
Here's my Springfield Armory Saint Pistol 7.5" in 556.
I've put as much in upgrades as the price of the gun, but the best upgrade is definitely the Fostech II Binary Trigger with upgraded spring kit!
She'll outrun most full autos now.
In stock configuration you get one Hell of a package too!

1. Fostech Binary II Trigger w/upgraded trigger spring.
2. Strike Industries Angled Foregrip.
3. Timber Creek Skeletonized Enlarged Trigger Guard.
4. PDW Collapsible Arm Brace.
5. Sig Sauer Laser Sight.
6. M-Bus Rear Sight.
7. Odin Skeletonized Extended Mag Release.
8. Phase 5 Skeletonized Extended Bolt Release (one piece).
9. Geisslle Super Charging Handle.
10. Anti-Walk Tigger Pins.
11. Indignant Arms Coco Bolo Grips and M-lock Panels.
12. Trigger Depot "Mil-Spec" Ambi-Selector Switch.
13. Mag-Pul Quick Detach sling.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, the time has come for my first AR purchase.

Looking for a lightweight, TOP quality unit, in a "do it all well" caliber.

As is well known here, I don't mind paying the premium for quality.

This is my choice at the moment, 308 w/mid-length 16.5 barrel.......

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/revolution/
Very nice, keep in mind, the trade off for piston driven is heat. Not detrimental, but if you ever decide to put a Binary trigger in it it'll get super hot, really quick.
"surealone" stated they run cooler on extended runs? I don't have a piston driven, but I've always been told the opposite. However, if he has one and is speaking from experience, who am I to argue.
The bolt appears to be, but also make sure you're getting a "full auto" bolt carrier too (most are these days, but a few aren't, ie-Colt).
Since you're considering going AR-10, maybe check out the 300 Black Out since ammo cost isn't driving your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts

However, the entrance hole is exponentially smaller and the result is much more positive for the body!:)

121 - 140 of 160 Posts