Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My attorney friend has a zero-series walther pistol with the "Crowned N", the whole "Nazi" thing. It displays " Waffenfabrik Walther Zella-Mehlis(Thur.)" With "Walther Patent" written below. We are interrested in this awsome piece of history. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated and willing to share in this rare treasure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW, nobody, I am no gun expert butt I thought it is pretty kool and would really like to find out more about it. It is a great piece of work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thank you anyways. If anyone has any ?'s they want to know about, please feel free. I was wondering if nobody can help, if they could help direct I to some one. My friend Barry also thanks you all.
And another thing, he also has a octagon, lever action Marlin that is supposed to be one hundred and ten yrs. old and still in great condition. Model 1894 and a octagon lever action 22, model '97. It needs a little work.
Also about four old bayonettes, don't know how to spell it, one aged back to 1909. In great shape. He has not the care or interest in any of it and offered an honest offer, would let these cool items go. I would love to take them myself but do not have the means and him being my lawyer knows I cannot have such items. So any interests, ask.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Try the P38 forum.... there will lots of helpful people .......people with kwnolege(spelling) about older Walther's
P38 Forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
It sounds like a Walther Olympia special designed for the 1938 olympics. Is it in 22 cal if so long or short?? Shorts was used in the rapid fire events longs for the others only 700 or so were made in 22 short accorrding to "Walther A German Legend" if the serial number ends in an O it was built for the 38 olympic team. And Germany didi win the pistol event that year

design was later copied by hammerilli

if it is not a 22 I don't know I have a 22 short and will post pics if someone tells me how

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hammerli was licensed by Walther to build "Olympia"s during the period after WWII when firearms production was not permitted by the Allies. The proceeds from this arrangement helped Walther rebuild their company in the "Western Zone".
The Hammerli "Trailside" & "X-ESSE" are evolved versions of the Walther.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts