Walther Forums banner

older ppk

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Milspec 
#1 ·
I would like to find out more about the ppk I inherited from my grandfather. The serial # is 890460, it has no markings above the "walther" banner, ion the left side it says "waffenfabrik walther zella mehlis (Thur)", model ppk, walther patent cat 765xx?. It has brown palstic handles and a plastic "extension" on the clip. It is still in the original holster w/ an extra clip. Would appreciate anyone telling me something about it and its' value if any.

#2 ·
Sorry about your loss...but it sounds like you've inherited a nice little rig.

It's had to say without seeing it but I'd guess you have a pre-war German commercial (as opposed to export) PPK made around 1937 - give or take a year or two (don't have my books handy). Value would be somewhere between $300 and $5,000 depending on condition (blue remaining, engraving, any pitting/corrosion, chrome/nickel plating, etc.), condition and type of grips (big eagle w/swastika would be a nice find), type of proof/acceptance marks (commercial/military/police), serial number (suffix/matching), other slide markings (RZM, NSDAP, SA, etc.), type and markings on holster (belt w/pouch, drop-down, shoulder, color, GI belt hanger, manufacture, date, pistol model & caliber stamp, big eagle w/swastika on the flap, etc.), magazines (type, finish, markings, condition, etc.), vet trophy paperwork, and probably 100 other things I haven't remembered to mention. In appraising any weapon condition is the most important factor.

Could you please post (or link) some photos of both sides of the pistol, holster, and magazines - especially any markings? If so we could give you a better idea of type, history, and value range. Oh, before I forget...please don't store the pistol in the holster... :)

Milspec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.