Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, guys. With the new PPK/S coming out, I've been strongly considering trading up. I've got a Smith and Wesson post-recall PPK/S, and I really hate the trigger on it. It has no tactile reset whatsoever, and, despite being a big double-single guy, I cannot shoot the double action well. It's just too heavy, too snappy, and doesn't stack well at all. So I'm curious- based on everything you've seen on the new PPK/S models, do the triggers seem any better than what we already have?

Mine's blued, and I'm very upset that they're not offering a blued model. If I do swap, I'll go stainless.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
There was that review of a pre production sample of a PPK by Graham Bates. I dont think anyone has layed hands on a production sample yet.

I'd say, if you like your PPK, try to adapt to it as best you can. If and when the new Fort Smith PPKs start being delivered, check one out and make a determination as to if it is actually an upgrade.

As of now, it's all speculation.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've heard a few people mention the new PPK's aren't blued. Are the new ones just a black finish?
My S&W looks faded black (I'm assuming they are calling it blued) and IMO looks like the finish is worn away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
From the information available, the new ones will be available in stainless and in black. The black is expected to be a melonite like finish.

I say expected because I'm not sure anyone has seen a production sample yet.

The slide is being manufactured in Germany and the France in the US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Smith definitely has seen better days finish-wise, but it still has some nice shiny blued areas. I'm really expecting the new "black" ppk/s to be similar in finish to the rounded top of the slide- i.e. that matte, textured part. I've been following the thread on news on the new ppk/s, and I have to say, I'm disappointed. All the SHOT coverage showed Walther reps saying guns are shipping now (late Jan) but according to some correspondence with Walther from some of the members here, they're "hoping" to ship in March.

My biggest issue is the trigger reset- it just doesn't have one. If/when they finally hit stores, I guess I'll have to try one out. A pre-production model probably isn't the best comparison.

·
Super Moderator
7,320 Posts
The PP series was an early (the first?) double/single pistol, in a compact frame. The double action trigger is(due to space and leverage) what it is, and to expect an improvement from Ft. Smith isn't realistic.
For the OP, comparing the Walther to modern 'tactical' guns for issues like trigger reset isn't realistic either.
Moon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts