Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across an old PPK and had some questions. It is a non import NIB PPK, marked "Made in West Germany" by trigger guard. HAs box, 2 mags, target, manual. Brown plastic grips and plastic plate on mag is brown as well. SN was in the 222XXX range (can't remember the whole thing, hence the X's) Trying to work a price on it, but I don't know enough and neither does the dealer. We are friends, and don't want to insult one another over the thing. Any thoughts to price range? Anything special or particular about this PPK?? Any thoughts/help is appreciated!!! TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It is a post war PPK. You will be able to ascertain the date of manufacture on the outside of chamber. See if you can purchase it for around $500. Try not to pass a German made PPK. The quality of manufacture is extremely high. Also, German produced PPK's are getting tougher-and tougher to find (especially at a decent price).

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If the PPK is NIB or even LNIB...with no finish wear I think for $500 it is a steal...... up to $1000 is a ok price... which I would assume to pay from a dealer......

I think for $750 you both could walk away without your feelgood hurt.... be hounest with the dealer if it is your friend.... let him know that for $750 it will sell .. anything more it might take a while to get moved .... as you can see with the links I posted.

this one didn't last a day.... and it was gone... and it is not NIB

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=59962063

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=59939863

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what he needs out of it and go from there! If I get it, I'll post pics...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I watch the auction gun boards all the time. I have 3 1967 PPKs: a dural 22lr, a dural 7.65 and a steel 7.65 and I am looking for a decent pre 68 9mmK.

The ones uncut linked have been relisted for months at a time because the sellers want more than is reasonable. They may eventually sell at the asking prices but I think they are too high.

I may break down and buy an almost mint 1968 9mmK a gent has for sale with the original box, extra mag, test target, manual and take down tool. He wants about $1250 or so, for it. At least it is complete. Personally I don't give a fig for all the accessories. They are nice but boxes and targets, etc don't mean that much to me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck with your potential deal!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Malysh @ Nov. 17 2006,3:38)]The ones uncut linked have been relisted for months at a time because the sellers want more than is reasonable. They may eventually sell at the asking prices but I think they are too high.
The reason being for the last 2 links with high prices was to show the original poster that tey don't sell for over $1000

if you look at the first link that sold within a day

uncut said:
I think for $750 you both could walk away without your feelgood hurt.... be hounest with the dealer if it is your friend.... let him know that for $750 it will sell .. anything more it might take a while to get moved .... as you can see with the links I posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts