Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I've got is I believe a 1939 Walther PPK .32. Serial is 219595, pictures attached. Magazine isn't marked with serial, Pistol has an Eagle over a
capital N marking, not sure the significance. Really just trying to figure out what I have. My grandmother found it laying on the side of the road in a pouch about 30 years ago, and it has stayed in that pouch for the most part, which has since started to fall apart. I also have 10 Round of R - P .32 Auto. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
Brown Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal Fashion accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
239 Posts
You do not have a 1939 PPK. Looks like a "67" (for year 1967) on the barrel hood, visible through the ejection port. Also the left side of the side reads "Ulm" vice Zella Mehlis. Also a 1939 PPK would not have a dove tailed rear sight.

PS: Nice pistol. Get some oil on it and wipe off those finger prints to avoid rust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do not have a 1939 PPK. Looks like a "67" (for year 1967) on the barrel hood, visible through the ejection port. Also the left side of the side reads "Ulm" vice Zella Mehlis. Also a 1939 PPK would not have a dove tailed rear sight.
Man I knew I would get some good info here. lol I appreciate it. This isn't really my thing. I enjoy guns but I'm not a collector or anything.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The PPK was banned from import in 1968 so this is a very desirable pistol. Even without the original box and accessories I would think it would bring $800-1,200 from the right person assuming it doesn't have some unseen defect. How does the bore look?

You can keep its value by field stripping it, removing the grips, and giving it a good coat of oil.

·
Registered
239 Posts
"very desirable pistol"

Agree, especially so because of its caliber of 7,65mm (.32 acp). [To my knowledge, the relatively few post 1968 PPK pistols that came into the US were mostly .380 acp.]

PS: I have a near mint 1980 PPK in .380 acp, but I'd rather have the OP's pistol assuming the bore is good.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I have a near mint 1980 PPK in .380 acp, but I'd rather have the OP's pistol assuming the bore is good.
I'd take it even if the bore wasn't good. I've got a Savage Model 1907 in .32 ACP made in 1909 with a bore that looks like a sewer pipe but it still shoots great at seven yards. My P88 barrel looked pretty bad too but it doesn't seem to have affected accuracy any.

·
Registered
336 Posts
More detailed information about the three markings on the barrel hood of your PPK:
As Depenau already described, the number 67 stands for the year 1967 and gives the year for the proof test required by law for all firearms in Germany. In 99.9% of cases, this is also the year of manufacture. The antler is the symbol of the proof house in Ulm. The eagle above N is the German proof mark for testing with nitro powder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts