Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old Man With A Gun looking to learn more about my new Walther PPS M2 and other Walther pistols too. Bought my first handgun (SW SD9VE) in 2013 as a home defense gun, but after becoming interested in EDC I got a PA license to carry and a Ruger LC9s. Decided to go with one gun, and after a lot of careful research selected the PPS M2 which is my multi purpose gun now. So I signed up here to be tuned into Walther. My main concern is self defense, but I might be looking at other Walther pistols in the future. Looking to learn what I can and share what I know. Pleased to be here.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
OMWAG or just another old Fart? :D Welcome to the club. I can't help you with the PPS M2, as I don't have one. I carry PPQ's and/or P99's. Ha, as I look down, checking my waist, I've got a Magnum Research 4.5" 9mm, sittin' in a Safariland holster, worn at 10:00 (cross-draw)....open carry. :D

However, the PPS M2 seems to have quite the following. Stay tuned, I'm sure they'll chime in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation. Don't have a pps-2 but have a pps-1. And a p99. You will enjoy your New Walther family.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from Bellevue, Texas. I carry a PPS M2 in my rotation. Absolutely love the gun. It is a lot more accurate than I am, very concealable, and just a downright joy to shoot. Only had 1 problem, mine is an LE, which has the phosphoric sights, and one on the rear sight fell off the second time I went shooting with it. Walther sent me a new one and no problems since. No other problems. Great to have you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wife and I each have a PPS M2. I also picked up a LC9s Pro.

For about a year I was at an employer that let me carry at work.

For most of those months I EDC'd the PPS, in a slide style holster, all day long. At the end of the work day the LC9 was noticeably lighter. But I never noticed the difference in weight if I was sitting at the desk all day, or if strapping it on for an errand or even a few hours.

Same observation on weight difference if I use my KangarooCarry holster.

I now keep my PPS in an appendix carry holster, on my nightstand, and grab it anytime I leave the house. Sometimes it is being worn, sometimes it is within reach in my car. Depends on the situation.

I much prefer the PPS as its grip angle is perfect as the sights naturally line up on target when I draw and point.

I do very much like the LC9 as it is slightly smaller and easier to carry and conceal. But, I have to consciously aim to get the sights on target. It now gets a ride to the range on occasion, but rarely carried.

OMWAG, I believe you have traveled a similar path and have reached a similar conclusion as I have. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Welcome!

We have an LC9s. It is my wife's and it basically is her nightstand gun because she doesn't carry. It is nice and has a great trigger. We initially had the original LC9 but had to upgrade from that long, long trigger pull.

Also I have PPS M2 and I've been carrying mine daily since Memorial Day Weekend. It is very nice and I've never had an issue out of it. This is my fourth summer carrying it. I normally carry a P99 compact and will probably switch back to it in September but the PPS M2 is a great option. If you go to the PPS section you will find plenty good threads read up on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome!

We have an LC9s.
I selected the pro version which has no external safety or magazine safety. Just FYI, not that one choice is better than the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my PPS M2 today and can’t wait to go shoot it at the range! I’m used to carrying a Glock 17 IWB and so this is a whole new experience for me—feels like I have an 80’s beeper inside my belt instead of a pistol. 🙂 Just joined the forum a couple minutes ago—what holster do you use to carry your PPS M2?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts