Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about oiling my p99's striker assambly to smooth the double action trigger pull a bit.
Any input on how to best do this, or if it is advisable/neccessary would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would just clean it with a "multi task" Hoppe's #9
If you oil it, be prepared to clean that unit a lot more often than needed as it will gunk up fast......
also I think oiling the striker unit itself will not make a big difference in smoothnes of the DA action..... use some snapcaps and pull the trigger till your finger hurts.....

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can't advise you strongly enough NOT to oil the striker assembly.

That will only attract powder residue.......and then turn into a thick grime.

If you are only using the weapon to target practice .......then do what you like, you will not cause a serious risk, if the weapon should fail to fire.

JF.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I can't advise you strongly enough NOT to oil the striker assembly.

That will only attract powder residue.......and then turn into a thick grime.

If you are only using the weapon to target practice .......then do what you like, you will not cause a serious risk, if the weapon should fail to fire.

JF.
This is worth quoting. You do not want oil in there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As others have pointed out, NEVER oil the striker/firing pin of any striker fired weapon.

Carbon and brass residue will be attracted to and retained by the oil. It will turn into an abrasive paste and clog everything in the firing pin channel. Cold weather will aggravate this condition many times over. Light primer strikes or no strikes will be the result, turning your Walther, Glock, or similar weapon into an expensive hammer.

Use only ultrasonic cleaners, Gunscrubber, or non-chlorinated brake cleaner to clean the firing pin/striker assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts