Walther Forums banner

Oh you guys................

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  MarkSP99 
#1 ·
I did it, been watching a decently-priced, boxed 3rd variation P99 AS for two months on a website. The seller doesn't ship, so I guess it didn't move fast.
So today my wife and I decided to run down to the other side of town where our son started a new job a couple months ago, just to check it out. The seller's pawn shop was just 10 minutes away, so why not drop over to check it out, right? At least that's what I told my wife. 🙄 Once there, the 99 was still there, looks in excellent condition with all the box materials and paperwork. It's an all-black one and looks great. Got it for $595 OTD with a used Fobus holster. Not too bad! Pics later. You guys and your 99's!!!! Oh boy. :unsure:

#14 ·
I have a rather old p99 and the rubber backstrap has somewhat shrunken. Also a little tacky. Some people end up with similar issues but it usually doesnt happen for a couple decades. Might want to pick up an extra or two. I currently have a backstrap on it that goes with my mr9 eagle. I probably have the small on my mr9 and the medium on the p99. The fit is good, a bit more grippy, in fact it also kinda matches the front strap of the grip.

#13 ·
Just returned from the range and had a great time with the new '99. No problems (of course) and very accurate. I prefer the trigger on the CCP for CCW, but I still like the '99. I found a set of the factory metal sights I'll be swapping out for the plastic ones. If I wanted to put more money into it, I'd think about a stainless guide rod to help with the recoil a little. With the high bore axis and my small hands, there's a good muzzle lift. Not bad, but a litle more weight up front could help.
Later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.