Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:So I need some help.
I recently purchased a '69 ppk/s in 22 lr, today while on vacation I swung by a local shop that claimed to specialize in rare magazines. I stumbled across a magazine for what I believe to be a walther pp sport or standard pp the most notable thing about it though is that it is for a .22 short cartridge. Is this thing for real? It has a brown finger extension and appears to be from the factory. I'll post photos when I get to a camera but in the mean time I have some questions, will this mag still allow my ppks to cycle? Also was looking for a value of the thing, I think I got a good deal at 75$ as I have seen .22lr versions with the brown rest on earls for 115$. Did I find a gem? Or is this a Frankenstein mag.
Any help would be much appreciated
-jack

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
As far as I know, there has not been a PP Sport chambered in .22 short. It would have needed a much lighter slide. If it is genuine ...

The magazines of the Hämmerli International are the same as the Walther PP rimfire, with the exception of the hole for the mag catch, the bottom, and the button to load it that works as a slide lock.

The Hämmerli was available in .22 short and I have one magazine for it somewhere in my collection.

I would like to see a photo, please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts