Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has a Walther P99 in 9mm(it's practically mine since he never has the time to properly take care of it), and it always ejects brass vertically and slightly rear. Not that big of a problem, I don't think, but it is an annoyance when hot brass hits you in the head or goes down your shirt.

I've looked up quite a few videos of other P99s, and found that none of them do this. Does anyone know if this is a problem, or how to fix it? Possibly something odd about the extractor?

It's the original "Bond style" as I call it, since I don't really know the official designation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
THis is probably due to too much wrist break, in other words you may have too relaxed of grip. If after shooting the muzzle remains pointed down range the brass will be ejected up and to the right.

If your wrist breaks and the muzzle points up (in my experience) the brass comes right back at your face.

So I would suggest take a few rounds and think about holding a extra solid grip. This may effect accuracy but if that fixes the problem then your job will be to find the blance between a firm gripo and relaxed shooting posture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No--it does the exact same thing when anyone else shoots it as well.

I tried manually ejecting a dummy round, and it even ejects vertically then.

Oddly, the one time I shot a P22 it did the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye--need edit button, forgot one other thing.

I've never had this problem while shooting any other pistols either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts