Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel about the QA vs AS trigger system? Am I right in saying that the AS is the old DA/SA system with a new name? I have heard discussion regarding DAO P99's. Is that a separate variation?

·
Registered
65 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you feel about the QA vs AS trigger system?
Both have merit. I like the QA, others like the AS. I don't think there's a big backlash agains the QA version in and of itself, just a backlash against the lack of choice anymore. The QA is being "forced" on us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Am I right in saying that the AS is the old DA/SA system with a new name?
Yes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I have heard discussion regarding DAO P99's. Is that a separate variation?
Yes. IIRC, that would be the P990. That's a true double action, while the QA is Glock-action.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought the AS which yes, is just another name for da/sa and prefer it over the qa. Is it being forced on us? I hope not

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Yes the QA is being forced on us from what currently is being dissplayed on the Waltheramerica webpage...... in a few variations of color ......

9mm             = black
.40               =black
.40               =desser sand (which I think looks great)
9mm compact =black

I assume its marketing at it's best to reduce price and compete with GLock and alike..
I just bought me another P99AS this time in .40 .... now all that is left is the 9mm P99compact..... I also noticed that the .40compact is not on the German Walther page anymore...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlakeTyner @ Jan. 21 2006,22:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]   I have heard discussion regarding DAO P99's.  Is that a separate variation?
Yes.  IIRC, that would be the P990.  That's a true double action, while the QA is Glock-action.

pictures I saw of the P99DAO looked more like the Glock-action as far as the trigger goes...which is going to be still available in Europe

where the P990 and P99QA did not have that little Glock like safty built in the trigger......

http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/VIII/10.html

looks like for 2006 things changed a lot P99QA.....The trigger travel is approximately .31 inches with a trigger force of approximately 8 lbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts