Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, I thought the weapon was a bit too big so I got a Kel-tec PF-9. Took it to the range for the first time today. Hate it. Trigger pull is long, way too excessive, and the recoil even on non +P ammo is too harsh. Functions perfectly but alas, I will sell it. In the short term, I might try a Kahr PM9. But now I'm back to wanting a PPS in black.

Who has shot these handguns and can tell me if the PPS (or even the Kahr) shoots anything like the PF-9....I sure hope not! :mad:

·
Registered
525 Posts
If any of my walthers ever felt at all like any of my keltecs, I'd be going to Ulm to have a serious talk with people about quality. I wouldn't worry. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i keep going back and forth, but for sure, i am done with the pf-9. this isn't a serious back-up pistol for SD. it's totally marginal at best. hopefully i can get into a black pps by spring. i will end up ordering one and then waiting it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At first, I thought the weapon was a bit too big so I got a Kel-tec PF-9. Took it to the range for the first time today. Hate it. Trigger pull is long, way too excessive, and the recoil even on non +P ammo is too harsh. Functions perfectly but alas, I will sell it. In the short term, I might try a Kahr PM9.
My son put a Hogue-all JR on his PF9 and it tamed the beast quite a bit. He's recoil sensitive. I've shot his PF9 without the JR and used to own a PM9, neither seem too bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Comparing a Walther to a Kel-Tec is laughable. I have a P3AT and the trigger pull is about 800 miles. My PPS is in a class and a league that Kel-Tec can't touch. THE Kahr PM9 and the PPS are not in the same pistol class when it comes to size. The PPS is much more comparable to the Kahr P9. The PPS weighs significanly more than the PPS as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Comparing a Walther to a Kel-Tec is laughable. I have a P3AT and the trigger pull is about 800 miles. My PPS is in a class and a league that Kel-Tec can't touch. THE Kahr PM9 and the PPS are not in the same pistol class when it comes to size. The PPS is much more comparable to the Kahr P9. The PPS weighs significanly more than the PPS as well.
Correction... the PPS weighs significantly more than the PM9 as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walther PPS vs??????????

I have been following the PPS introduction since last October. I really wanted one. I wanted one, I wanted one. Well, my dealer could not get me one. So, in December I bought a Springfield XD9 Sub Compact. Guess what, my dealer finally got the Walther. I do not want it. I love my XD9. It is a real pistol. It may not be as thin as the Walther but is very similar in all other dimensions. It also fits in my jacket pocket perfectly, that is when I need to carry it which is seldom.
Gord!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have been following the PPS introduction since last October. I really wanted one. I wanted one, I wanted one. Well, my dealer could not get me one. So, in December I bought a Springfield XD9 Sub Compact. Guess what, my dealer finally got the Walther. I do not want it. I love my XD9. It is a real pistol. It may not be as thin as the Walther but is very similar in all other dimensions. It also fits in my jacket pocket perfectly, that is when I need to carry it which is seldom.
Gord!

Gordo:

Guess that's what you call a "win-win" situation! You don't want the PPS, somebody else surely does, so all you've done is buy a firearm that pleases you and another Walther PPS is "out there" for someone who wants one! :D

Glad you are happy with the XD9.. I have a friend who has one also, and he likes it a lot.

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Currently my holster is a empty pocket. Lots of dating has required me not to have it on my hip most of the time. Girls get scared of guns sometimes, and the PPS keeps me from loosing out on the booty. Although several suggestions have been made, and I am thinking about contacting blade-tech and maybe sending my pistol in once the military pays me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kahr vs PPS

I traded my Kahr PM9 in on the PPS. Best move I've made in a long time. Kahr was not fun to shoot, small and to many edges (?) I'm now working on the new 'Wonder Gun' from Ruger - SR 9. Trigger pull is long and creepy but I'm hoping it will 'settle in' as some put it on the Ruger Froum. I shot both at the range yesterday and what a difference.....the PPS is by far the better shooter and with it's size, it's a real winner. The Kahr was a nice gun but for cancealed carry you can't beat the PPS. I'm a 1911 man but hard to carry concealed in a warm climate wearing shorts for 8 months a year. Get the PPS...you won't go wrong !

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I traded my Kahr PM9 in on the PPS. Best move I've made in a long time. Kahr was not fun to shoot, small and to many edges (?) I'm now working on the new 'Wonder Gun' from Ruger - SR 9. Trigger pull is long and creepy but I'm hoping it will 'settle in' as some put it on the Ruger Froum. I shot both at the range yesterday and what a difference.....the PPS is by far the better shooter and with it's size, it's a real winner. The Kahr was a nice gun but for cancealed carry you can't beat the PPS. I'm a 1911 man but hard to carry concealed in a warm climate wearing shorts for 8 months a year. Get the PPS...you won't go wrong !
I too am thinking about ditching my PM9 for a PPS, statements like this is pushing me further toward that. My PM9 has been 100% reliable, but not as accurate as I would like, its days are numbered;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did trade my PM9 for a FE, that is a trade I would make everday. The PM9 was just to unreliable for my bug. No problem when I did my agency quals with the FE.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You registered here just to tell us that you didn't like a gun you didn't buy? :confused:

oh wait I see

You're trolling.
AHHHHAHAHAHAAH no toll for the ugly mouthed troll. Good thing you didn't get the pps.....would hate to have u as a fellow member.

As for me I never changed my mind......yet. Still waiting for the .40 pps standard. Hope they turn up the heat on production/shipping before I accidently read an article about another "cool" gun........

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK PM9 guys, question here.

The PM9 appears to be quite a lot easier to pocket carry. That said, while I'm very interested in a PM9, it seems like the trigger would be an issue if compared to the PPS. I mean, the PPS would have an immensely "quicker" trigger wouldn't it? The PM9 is more revolver-like, correct?

The real question is though, how much pocketability do you loose? All, some? For sure, I believe the Walther will be a more durable gun; but I'm not sure about the tradeoff. (you can see my confusion in my other post).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am finding pocket carry with the PM9 is just not working for me. I am more comfortable with IWB, so that's why I am thinking of switching to the PPS. I think the PPS will be slightly worse for pocket carry, but would still work in those big baggy pockets that snap like on cargo pants and shorts.

You are correct, the PM9 trigger feels like a revolver double action.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts