Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 1999, I bought a SW99 .40 cal with standard sights as a gift to myself for being accepted into the police academy. I eventually sold it, and kicked myself ever since.

To make things right, I bought a SW990L .40 last year. The only upgrade I paid for was the hi-cap mags, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a set of Novak trijicon night sights perched atop my pistol.

I have never seen Novak's listed as an option for the P99, but I know these will fit. BTW these sights are fantastic. Side by side, I group tighter and acquire the target faster with the SW990L .40 cal vs. my P99 AS 9mm.

I just thought you all would like to know about another sighting option thats out there. My sights are stamped "Novak's PAT. D305148", but no part number is listed. I'm sure Smith and Wesson can help anyone interested acquire these sights......

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
That was a joke, BTW :p . Why don't we have an "edit" button?
At the risk of temporarily jumping into an otherwise fascinating discussion, the edit button costs $10. You gain its use when you become a supporting member. Click on the User CP and scroll down to the bottom-left column. You can make your payment through PayPal, or you can send a check to:

Walther Forums
c/o NJCSD
PO Box 1412
Washington Township,
New Jersey 07676

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Thorn, they taper forward, making them less likely to snag clothing. The face also seems generally less blocky than Mepro sights. Tubes are pretty standard.

I'm not saying these are better than other sights (but I personally prefer them and their sleek design matches the P99 very well)---It's really about having more options for the P99. Sight picture is a very subjective thing, so the more choices the better.

I searched the forum and found a lot of interest these Novak's, but never actually saw a pair, so I hope I haven't wasted everyones time by reporting old news.

I'm only an hour away from the Novak headquarters in Parkersburg, WV, so if this is a significant find I plan to investigate further and report back.....(You guys tell me, please)....... I guess it's possible that S&W customized these to fit the 990L (hope not).

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I have never seen a set like them on the P99
so here is the question..... are they click adjustable or drift adjustable in the rear.... and how does the front sight look...
I would not be surprised if this was a custom job..... but one never knows... so if you can find out by placing a call to Novak..... please do and report back to us

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just spoke with the guy at Novak's.....At first he said he had nothing for the P99, but after I told him what I had, he said he did a very brief run for the SW99 about 7-8 years ago, so they are not custom.

He also said he still has some of those left over (guess he didn't know about P99-- SW99 interchangeability) for 144.90 plus shipping.

If you guys are interested, I'll go talk to him face to face and try to get a bulk discount and pass it on to you through my eBay account. He obviously hasn't had a large demand for them, so maybe he'll bite.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As for your question, Uncut, they are a lot like the Earl's gen 2 sights, but are 3mm longer, more rounded at the tip, and about 3 degrees steeper on the face angle.

Also, they appear to be non-adjustable, so I'd suggest the professional install or a lot of patience. I'll try to include a better front sight pic later.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just received a set of these for my P99...so now the P99 and SW99 have matching sights. As of 12-10-08 I bought the last set they had.....but I also ordered a set for a friend. Novak's is putting trijicon inserts in a new set, so these sight's are available by special request. Wait time is two to four weeks---trijicon inserts are fresh---Price was $145+ tax (if applicable) + shipping. Very nice option for the P99

1 - 20 of 33 Posts