Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And since when it is a problem to speak?

Well, I'll start telling you that Walther pistols run in the family.

My father in law had his PPK in 9mm Kurz and a P38 fyb.

I was an ISSF shooter for 18 years, national team member with many national and central american medals, and retired as central american Champion in Standard pistol. I understand my national records are still intact.

All was done with 2 GSPs, one in .22 lr for standard pistol, one .32 SW for centerfire pistol (serial #12000x, "100 Jahre" edition), one OSP for rapid fire pistol.
In 2005 I bought my P99 QA, mainly for sentimental reasons, since I really carry a sub compact Taurus Millenium P111.
I use the P99 at the range as a firearms instructor and just to show off that I am a Walther fan.
Ah! I almost forgot I have a Walther utility knife, made by victorinox.

I don't like the QA trigger, is even worse than the DAO 12 pounds of my Millenium, but was the only variation they imported here. That or the SW99.

So... I have the P99 that is now acandidate for a "cheap guy" trigger job, meaning 4 coils out from the striker spring.

I'll tell you what happens

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a P99 QA with Titanium slide. I Happen to LOVE the trigger.:D
Every shot is the same. I have just under 200 rounds through mine. It took a couple of cleanings and a couple hundred rounds, but it is very smooth. The only "critique" I would have, is the return is very long...all the way back.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
So... I have the P99 that is now acandidate for a "cheap guy" trigger job, meaning 4 coils out from the striker spring.
I took five coils off of my AS striker spring and it did help but I am not at all certain how it will work with the QA model?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read i here

Well, my purpose to post in this sub forum was talking about the GSP, OSP, but thanks for answering.
Just 15 minutes ago Jenglish showed me how to dismount the striker
Now, will I do it?
don't know yet
maybe tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts