Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to taking a pic of a target from my last trip out w/ my SW99.

I shot this at 21 feet (7 yards). For me, this was pretty good - I shot 30 rounds at this target. Considering I don't have the best eyes, I think this is fairly decent...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice job.

That looks about like my targets.

I have a police officer friend and he's convinced me that "combat accuracy" is a more desirable real-world skill than "target accuracy".  Apparently, he was taught "combat".

His rationale is as follows:  Most anyone with practice and proper training can group well on a bullseye target, BUT, in a sticky situation, it is more important to place many controlled shots on target in rapid succession than it is to have a 1.5" group!

I'm sure many here would tend to agree.  So, usually I'll take my targets and hold them over my chest.  If all shots fit over my chest, I'm a happy camper!  I try to do it as quickly as possible, and if my groups look like yours, that's great!  I'd say good show.

-stunks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Looks like I would suggest in moving your sights a little.......almost no rounds on the right side.

Adjust your sights to bring the rounds to center mass --and you are there. Don't worry why the bullets are hitting where they are hitting. Don't make the mistake of "chasing the target". A change in grip "might" bring the bullets towards center mass.....but because you have an excellent grouping, I would not suggest changing anything but the sights.

adjust sights and fire at least 5 rounds for effect........don't rely on 1 or 2 rounds.

Hope this adivice helps you to center mass....

JF.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good shootin'. I found that my P99AS fired very accurately out of the box. Didn't have to adjust the sights at all. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I didn't have to mess with the P99c sights, but did have to put a smaller front sight on the SW99 - I have adj the rear sight already - It actually shoots on point of impact - It's just that I shot a while that day, and it was my fault it was hitting to the left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts