Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMO , Walther hit a home run with this gun. It's unique and has a trigger thats not like any other in it's class. It was made to introduce buyers to the Walther brand. People that buy this handgun will buy other Walthers in the future without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
The PPX is a good home defense and range gun but the trigger is effectively a fully cocked single action with a light first stage. That may cause some AD's if it's used as a carry gun. I sure wouldn't want one in my SmartCarry... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I've handled one and dry fired it a bit at a LGS, and while it's something I'll end up with eventually, at this point, it's a want, and not a need. I lack not for CC tools. I have my choice of 6 to decide from..

I can pack a PPQ since I typically wear an extra shirt in the colder months, once summer hits, I'll be wearing a P99c or a PPS when I absolutely want to have final work in being discreet.

I'm also not a great big guy, 5'11", around a buck 80, and concealing the PPQ is child's play. As my holster continues to break in, I'll quite possibly wear it up until I decide to wear tank tops again.

But, the PPX is a tad bigger than the Q, but I'd give 'er a shot with a Theis after the holster was broken in and fitted to me side. LOL.

Now if Walther would only make some with paddles...(I know...yeah effing right!) :p:D

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I agree with Milspec the PPX, also my G19 and PPQ navy are good for Home Defense, maybe in a shoulder holster or outside leg holster. For cc there are better Walthers out there for that.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
PPX carry and price

Best bang for the buck I've purchased in a long time, $360.00. Shoots great and takes just about any 9 mm ammo I fed it. Almost 700 rounds and not one problem. A bit bulky sure, but most folks who see it ask what brand it is and like it. Carry for me is fine during the winter, to bulky in the summer. Great home defender, family members are confident and comfortable handling it. Took a while for holsters to come on line. But there are several out there now. So are spare mags. Just like anything else, it's all about personal preference. I do own and carry other handguns. This is just one more tool in the box that I can depend on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought mine at the gun show this weekend. Paid 324 out the door for it. Did I want a PPQ? Yes, but at that price I couldn't say no.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts