Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an Interarms PPK/S that has a minor glitch. Every once in a while, a round will only go about 9/10 of the way into the chamber. I'm thinking the recoil spring is getting weak. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Is this happening with only one type of ammo? Or are you using different brands, grain weight?

Also, is it happening with only one magazine? Mark your magazine in which this happens, and see if it happens with the other one.

I would suspect the ammo to be the problem first. It may be possible you need a new recoil spring. How much has this PPK/S been shot?

Devin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried two different mags and four brands of ammo (FMJ) all with the same result. I got it used so I don't know how much it was shot, but it's in really good shape. When I stripped it for cleaning the muzzle end of the spring had a most noticible upward bend.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It sounds like you've tried most everything with the ammo and mags, so I guess I'd try the spring. One good thing about that is the springs are cheap and you don't need a gunsmith to change it out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also had an Interarms PPK/S that I bought used. It was in terrific shape. But like yours, it jammed intermittently on me. I tried all different types of ammunition, but the situation persisted. Because I had bought it for personal protection, I sold it and bought a Beretta 84FS. As big a Walther fan as I am, I never had any confidence in the particular PPK/S I owned.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If not the spring, you might need to throat and polish the feed ramp. With a magnifying glass take a look in there. At times, a very small scratch in the wrong place can provoke the situation you speak of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I just replaced the old recoil spring with a Factory Load one from Wolff. I haven't fired it yet, but does it ever feel tighter and when I chambered a dummy round it snapped in from the magazine well. I'll try it today and let you know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I tested it out and went through 6 mags as fast as I could pull the trigger and reload; not one problem!!! Problem solved, I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts