Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning guns and noticed some unusual wear on my P99AS, is this normal or something to be concerned about? Gun seems to function fine except for some (what I assume to be) normal trigger grittiness. Between 500-1000 rounds.

1. End of trigger bar pointing slightly towards flat part in sear housing and rubbing (opposite side of spring).
2. Trigger bar rubbing against top of slide. (This may only touch here during disassembly so may have not occurred during firing?)
3. Chips on bottom of striker.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would definitely contact Walther about that. I have a P99AS with over 8000 rounds. I just stripped it to check and it doesn't have wear anything like that, especially on the striker. I have a very, very small spot of where on the slide but not the long streak you have, and neither of the other issues. My guess is you have something slightly out of spec and someone who knows more about the design should look at it.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
My 1st gen P99 had similar marks. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. If yours is like mine, the marks will not get any worse.

I had a little over 14k rounds through my P99.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts