Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang....greco here. My first post right here and now. I've been shooting and collecting PP's and P-38's for about 30 yrs. Always fun and a great time. I collect and shoot a little of every thing. I have a couple of PP's I bought back in like 1982 or 83. The are made in Germany, and imported by Interarms. They are still NIB, and in the plastic wrap. Any Ideas on the value to sell them..?? Not consecutive numbered.

The third one of the set I has been shot plenty over the years. And I have carried it a lot. It shared holster duty with a .32 PP I have that is rather old. It doesn't have any import markings,and no loaded chamber indicator, and is made in Thuringia. I retired them both when I bought a Kahr, rather than beat my precious Walthers to death.

Other than that, I still play my guitar every day. In fact my band is booked all of Feb and most of March.

And when it warms up, I'll roll my Ninja out of the garage, and hit it down the freeway.

Nice to be here....

·
Registered
734 Posts
If earlier than 82 or 83(actually 1986), your PPs were manufactured by Manurhin under license from Walther and nitro-proofed in Germany.

As to value, check the auction houses. AA, GB, GA. That should give you an idea. If any is a .380 then it's worth more than a 7.65. If .22 LR, probably more still. If 7.65, I'd say at least $450.00, probably more.

Two-wheelers, a band and guns. That's a movie of the week right there! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the repy. Yes, I'm glad to be with some Walther folks. I have had either a PP or a P-38 since I was of legal age here in Michigan, and they are my favorites I even had a P5 for a while, and still regret selling it.:(

Every time I take a PP apart, I just marvel at the quality of work and the genius it took to design it. I just love them, and they are more than an example of mass production, they are examples of the gunmaker's art.

Jeez, I think I talked my self out of selling the 2 guns I was asking about.;)

Anyway, it's 9 above right now outside, and the wind is howling, and blowing snow so hard I can't see anything but white. But hey, I'm inside, it's warm, TV works, got some beer, and some Lambrusco. And I think I'll pull my WWII Thompson and MP40 out of the safe and rub on them for a while...! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts