Walther Forums banner

761 - 780 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
You did a great job with that Mk23! Please let me know how it handles with those monster loads you're gonna feed it lol
Will let you know how it goes. My older son is coming into town next week. With any luck, we'll get it to the range next weekend.
Quality HK approved upgeades for the Mark 23 are rather pricey. The items in above pic (plus a genuine NIB HK deployment soft case coming from an eBay seller) have exceeded half the cost of the firearm.
There are less expensive options that actually increase capacity more then my mods, but I chose quality and moderation, attempting to maintain high reliability.
The +5 mag extension bases (aluminum) are $50 each, yet the +12 extension bases (plastic) are only $40 each.
Complete mags are similarly priced (more is less). 17rd mags (all metal) are $120, 20rd mags (plastic parts) are $50, and 24rd mags (plastic parts) are $90.
Is seems those interested in "mall ninja" type mods can "upgreyedd" (Idiocracy reference 🤣) and save some $s.
The double "D's" are for the double dose of pimpin'.

Reactions: mpgus

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I grabbed this off eBay around 2 weeks ago.......

For those here who also recently purchased a Mark 23 (you know who you are 😉), there are still 3 left.
These are genuine HK Mark 23 deployment bags. Securing points for handgun, and velcro flap pockets for mags, supressor, and light/laser (LAM). Internal poly panels (front/rear/sides) make this a heavy duty/semi-rigid case, with 1/2" high density padding, and oversized YKK zippers (easy to
use with winter gloved hands).
HK Parts has none in stock, and may not be receiving any more, ever.
Buy now or possibly go without.

Reactions: rjcatx

·
Registered
965 Posts

Okay, let's see if just uploading is easier....

There are days when the PX4 is just not something that I can conceal all that well. Beretta Tomcat 3032 Covert to the rescue....can drop it in a pocket if needed, and I admit, I like the tip up barrel. While I'm not a huge fan of the .32 round, it's better that not having a gun with me, when I can't carry my normal guns. This little guy was far more accurate than I had a right to expect for a tiny little gun.

·
Registered
965 Posts

I think I have some issues....

Guy claimed it was unfired, and it did look remarkably clean. He had installed the Langdon Tactical Trigger Job in a Bag, plus the optimized trigger bar. I think I'll add some night sights, but this will make a very nice house gun. (Still need a LTT 1301....but...) And yes, I know it's not steel, which is what I enjoy shooting, but when I took this for a spin, it's one of the nicest shooting (albeit weird looking...almost hi-pointish...I hate saying that...) polymer's I've shot. Rotating barrel for the win!

·
Registered
965 Posts

The wife doesn't share my interest in DA/SA for carry, she is perfectly fine with striker fired, so added an APX Carry.

This one was a tougher call, she's been carrying the PPS M1 she got me for my 40th birthday, and it's hard to argue with the fit, finish, quality, and accuracy of the PPS. The APX is a little short on rounds compared to the Hellcat or the P365, and it feels "Glocky", for lack of a better word. It feels tupperware, but it rolled out with pretty reasonable accuracy, and for her, she wanted to go back to the button mag release, rather than the paddle....

I'm not entirely sold on the APX line, I'd really prefer the 92's, or even the PX4's, so this one will be interesting for me to watch...

·
Registered
965 Posts

And traded a Benelli Nova I had, to a friend who wanted a pump, and a little cash, and brought home his unfired Beretta A300. Wanted a back-up for occasional clays, and for dove season, because that seems to be my customers favorite time of the year. Figured the A300 would be a far better fit for both of those.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
My first range trip in over a year was a load of fun, but expensive given the current prices of ammo. Clockwise, we have: Walther P5, SIG P210-1 with 9mm and 30 Luger barrels, plus a .22 conversion kit, Sphinx AT2000S, S&W Model 27-2, and Beretta 82BB (.32 ACP). Every pistol is an outstanding example of what it is. Too much fun!

A34BFFFB-6D7E-427F-B774-7A87C8C7AD38.jpeg
:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
My first range trip in over a year was a load of fun, but expensive given the current prices of ammo. Clockwise, we have: Walther P5, SIG P210-1 with 9mm and 30 Luger barrels, plus a .22 conversion kit, Sphinx AT2000S, S&W Model 27-2, and Beretta 82BB (.32 ACP). Every pistol is an outstanding example of what it is. Too much fun!

View attachment 97516 :
Beautiful guns GeoNole94. Classy stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Grandfather was born in 1900 and this was his J. Stevens Favorite 22LR he used as a kid. I recently cleaned it up and shot it. Still shoots straight. The extractor is worn down so I had to use a pair of pliers to remove the spent cartridge.

I'd love to find the parts to fix it properly, but no luck so far.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #779 ·
Apologies, I just couldn’t resist posting another photo of the Smith. The trigger is simply terrific, in both DA and SA. Reflections and powder smudges hide what a pristine example this 5” version is. Sublime

51A87D6E-777A-45B7-8817-5662C31D02B9.jpeg

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
A few pics of the numbers matching, John V. Martz restored (impeccably done) 1900 DWM American Eagle Luger. Chambered in 7.65 Para (30 Luger), with the long pencil barrel. The bluing, strawing, and flame bluing (pivot pins, grip screws, front sight....) really display the talent level of JVM. He was a self taught perfectionist, who did all the restoration work himself, in his home garage.
The S/N puts it in the batch of guns produced just after the US trials Lugers. These were held at DWM, and later fitted with the lockback feature before being released for sale. These are so early that they do not include the "Germany" export marking on the frame. I posted pics of the next S/N Am Eagle (**46) a while back, also without the "Germany" Mark. Legacy Collectables had it for sale.
I have a period correct (no markings) wood base mag, didn't include it in pics.
The gun has been to the range several times, as has performed flawlessly for everyone who has shot it, even with new MecGar sourced mags.

761 - 780 of 803 Posts