Walther Forums banner

741 - 760 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Been awhile since I posted in this thread....

Since I took time away from competitive shooting, I really got bored during the first parts of the lockdowns last year, and decided I wanted to try my hand at something different, so despite being one of the younger guys there (by about 25 years....) had a good time shooting some Single Action Cowboy...

Couple of the Cimmaron "Evil Roy" Single Actions

An Uberti Winchester 1873 Replica, that I had to put some work into to get to run like a champ, but seriously enjoy shooting this guy. Don't need to be at a match, it's just fun to shoot.

And for shotgun, picked up a CZ Sharptail (Hammerless Coach Gun) and truly enjoy this.

Huglu makes a pretty nice shotgun, fit and finish were great, and for my first coach gun....had to admit, genuinely enjoyed it.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Added a Sphinx SDP Sub-Compact (which is bigger than most compacts I have..) because I'm starting to transition into more steel DA/SA carry guns, just because I like them. I think I tend to shoot them a little better than I do polymer, and since I've run mostly DA/SA the past few years in competition, seemed like a sound decision to switch to what I was putting thousands of rounds down range in. (Although that isn't the case this year for sure! And since it's less rounds...better stick to what I'm good with.)

I have to admit, took a couple of range trips to really warm up to the Sphinx, I like the hand fit better than my old CZ P-01, and I shoot it better. Fit and finish is excellent, but the bore axis feels higher to me. It's impressed me enough for now to go get a holster, and start to carry it, but....I'm not 100% sure it'll be the long term fit, there are a couple of others that I'm looking at, and if I can ever get my hands on...well...soon....

Finally....my tease....

Just added the red dot to the slide, which was nice because it arrived before the rest of the gun did...and now tracking shows I should have a pair of 92 Elite LTT's showing up at the FFL tomorrow, and hoping I can break away and get them picked up!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Last but not least....

CZ Scoorpion Evo 3, with a Griffin Armament Rev 9 can on there. The gun sat waiting, and waiting, and waiting even longer for the tax stamp to show up, but once it did...oh man...that's a heck of a fun shooter.

·
Registered
965 Posts
And these two 92 Elite LTT's showed up, and I immediately hit the range to put some work in, and am really happy with them. The Beretta grip fits my hand better than the CZ ever did, but it is absolutely every bit the shooter that the CZ was. (In fact I'd planned on only working 250 rounds, but instead it was a bit over 400, and I stayed for an extra hour plus....)

Ernest Langdon definitely knows his Beretta's. Before I ran one of his, I more or less shrugged when someone said "Beretta" it was just not something that was in my line of sight. My impression has really changed, and I look forward to getting an awful lot more rounds down range with these two.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Nice Berettas.
I grabbed one of the TN production WC Brig Tac a few years ago, it was eventually set it up for this +P+ ammo.........

"9mm Luger +P+ 124 Grain Bonded Jacket Hollow Point – Underwood Ammo" 9mm Luger +P+ 124 Grain Bonded Jacket Hollow Point

Hard to believe how affordable that ammo was when I purchased the 1k rd case.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Oh man, that's gorgeous!
Those wood grips were only around $50 on the Beretta website (came with the torx screws too). They're only slightly thicker then the standard WC/BT "dirty olive" and "black cherry" grips.
I found the WC recoil buffers really smooth out these guns. I installed one before ever firing a round, swapped a buffer in/out on my sons M9-A1, a noticeable difference.

Reactions: Sundevil827

·
Registered
965 Posts

And picked up a lightly used PX4 LTT Compact Carry. There is just no way I can carry a full-size 92, and even the 92 Compact is tough. I thought the Sphinx would be the one, but the PX4 has an amazingly smooth trigger, is lighter, and easier to conceal. (Slightly shorter than my P99c, although the grip is a hair longer...but 15 rounds in the mag...it's worth it.)

I'm going to have to get someone who has never shot the P99c, or the PX4, and see what they think about the felt recoil. I feel like the rotating barrel has less felt recoil, but again, could just be my perception (and again, I get more support hand on the grip) and would like to see what others think. Was never a huge fan of the looks of the PX4, but I bought it for the way I expect it to carry, and run, as soon as Theis Holster shows up, this will instantly become my carry gun.

(Zero concerns with reliability once I get a couple hundred down range with it...the LTT 50,000 round test on the full-size was pretty impressive. I've never gone 50k rounds on a gun, without doing significantly more repair and replacement than he did on the full-size.)

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
In many posts by @Sundevil827 (for example #743, #744, #745, #746, and #752) there are pictures that my browser won't show. All I see is this:

Clicking on the "picture" brings up this screen:

I'm encountering this problem for the first time and only in the mentioned posts. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I started noticing the same thing a few days back. No idea why those images won't render...I'm using Firefox browser and haven't had this issue before.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
This missing image issue is just that - missing images. The version of Chrome I'm running just gracefully skips them. The version of Edge I have makes a big, ugly symbol much like what Balogh posted. Not sure what Firefox does, but clearly it can't load images that aren't there. Best guess is the images were removed from the host account or, perhaps they were made private and, thus, are not longer accessible to the world. In either case, we can't reach what used to be there, so our browsers can't load those images...

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
I can see the images fine...don't ask me why. I'm using Google Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150. When I 'right click' to do a 'save as', it doesn't download, but gives me this message "Failed - Forbidden".

I copied the image address.....it's a whopper. I put an extra 't' in https, otherwise it just put a 'clickable' link, and I wanted to display all the garbage in the link.

htttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pX4eKzZi9Rfd-9comDadPOH32uomZfL43aPOMRr-mjCO-JbTVIwtxVUc0lrnTMql6vertgCnlDH6MX29wlYnlGGAIkEVd4nU5r2UdQ1BtGxekXdywqlFm_rfyrsFehyXpnHqIYUhpI3C6XUFqCIoC1fjLFxhEVMkupxhOwDXJHeW7Z8iu2sfFjSWvlUMTljdt6kRqwVbG9DwAUDHRdhXhOI6FtYDJGcDvkyLtYTZNsK9hmvppT4nT5AuQC40dBWTOqiIcSzM6PhWjBwavdi438RS7WnN1XtLAIcMU3pPEpRX1r8KHWn0vv5zxH3K7glSzRDzKTKMbWC8fxnJmTtfmii_6dl6_b5uPIkfc-nVCoqE8wwKjMBhhQQzdKDmi8oRvNnLLsMAWNaN1-lWIkrdHwTNu_SWFXHk5s2XH-6cib761DSWwJlowPSONvBZECbXefjyTGkf-X5D2-H7p41b9UBvHFtEUpC5scCO3IvSCu5DRZRJsmcrwGwm9K74gentEDYT95UFO1-NZJWAm3uIY5dYh7K2lN_SbKwkbfhJP8ArE2xR6cQmQkOeBM7mqRaV_ivPR6iMUe5KtHn9Ipx_xbjzcvWq57hWEZZ4y4b0gQC7HgTkz01vIL-xscrsLRZslJAWjhG2a5Y90A6fOh8-81dOij24xRmpTwpGTnR9NM8iCaz_H4aS6K8r9QV4cQ=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0

Here's the same address as above without the 3 t's.....it should show up as a 'blue' clickable link. Yep, there it is....and when I click it, it doesn't show the picture.

I used the Snipping Tool and captured the image in question......here it is.

I just scrolled up to look at some previous pictures posted by Sundevil. Couldn't see any of em'......but I could see them the other day. This is just a little bit weird. Oh, and I can still see the Beretta. ?????

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Newest acquisition, pressed both of my collector buttons: 7.65mm and German police. This FN1910/22 was purchased in 1951 for one of the district police stations in the American Sector of West Berlin. The seller claims to have purchased it locally from the man who brought this, his own police sidearm, with him when he emigrated to the US. His name is handwritten on the holster, but at this point I cannot confirm the story, as Herr Lange, a former VW repair shop owner, passed away some years ago.

Gorgeous condition, original holster.

·
Registered
965 Posts
This missing image issue is just that - missing images. The version of Chrome I'm running just gracefully skips them. The version of Edge I have makes a big, ugly symbol much like what Balogh posted. Not sure what Firefox does, but clearly it can't load images that aren't there. Best guess is the images were removed from the host account or, perhaps they were made private and, thus, are not longer accessible to the world. In either case, we can't reach what used to be there, so our browsers can't load those images...

They are there....and when I use my desktop, I see them just fine. Move to my laptop, and like others, they aren't there...

I've simply been copying the image address from google photos, and using that...I guess I'll have to come up with a better way to do it...

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
I'd suggest using an image hosting site such as Imgur.com ... it's free and a snap to use. Once you've uploaded some pictures, you can click on a picture in your images library and another window opens up. All you've gotta do now is click the copy button for BBCode (message boards & forums) and paste that link in your Walther forums post....wham-0 Bam-0 its like magic....there it is.

This is a picture of my son and I working on a Glock. And there's the links and 'copy' buttons.

741 - 760 of 803 Posts