Walther Forums banner
701 - 720 of 972 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just saw a review of that DD 300B AR pistol.
That just may be my next purchase.
All the DD's components are made completely in house, nothing is out-sourced.
All the firearms are built on the same assembly line so nobody knows whose getting civilian, military or police to keep the QC at it's best.
There's a reason why they're so pricey, but they exude quality and craftsmanship.
I bought it over a Wilson Combat AR .300BO for around the same price, they're that nice!
I bleed Wilson, I have a Wilson/Colt that's my daily carry piece in 45acp, but Wilson does out-source some of their small parts.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
All the DD's components are made completely in house, nothing is out-sourced.
All the firearms are built on the same assembly line so nobody knows whose getting civilian, military or police to keep the QC at it's best.
There's a reason why they're so pricey, but they exude quality and craftsmanship.
I bought it over a Wilson Combat AR .300BO for around the same price, they're that nice!
I bleed Wilson, I have a Wilson/Colt that's my daily carry piece in 45acp, but Wilson does out-source some of their small parts.
I actually researched for my first AR purchase in '18. Ended up getting a POF P308 SPR (18.5") with the Robar NP3 finish.
The of the same attributes that had me picking the POF are found in DD products.
Last month I got to shoot the Steyr AUG (NATO spec, P Mags and 20" barrel) I purchased for my older son last Christmas.
Crazy compact and balanced, even with the 20" barrel. Can even be easily shot one hand, just like a pistol!
The AUG in the running too.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

The P220 ST didn't stay in my safe too long.
My youngest son turned 21 last week, he wanted a 45acp, so I let him choose between the SIG or a NIB PPQ.
He chose the former.
He filed everything for his LTC on his birthday.
I guess I raised him right. :giggle:

Reactions: 03hemi

·
Administrator
3,423 Posts
Hey, since you have both it sounds like, any idea if the PPK/S will fit the Sig 230 holster?
I just bought a brand new, unused Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster for the Sig 203 in hopes my PPK/S would fit.
Thanks for any help.
Tray
I haven't carried the PPK or P232 yet. Right now they are guns I enjoy owning and shooting occasionally.

I have other guns for carry and home defense I gravitate too.

I may carry them in the future but not right now.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
New addition to the “P” collection. H&K P8, from 2004. A USP in 9mm with two Bundeswehr-mandated differences from the standard model: conventional barrel rifling, and a safety that operates like the P1 it replaced. Looks like honest holster wear.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Finally did it. Found one that is the right balance for me between price and condition. 1951 SIG P210-4 Bundesgrenzschutz.

That completes the series P1 through P8 for me. I’m not sure i need a P9 (Glock 17) and I think the P10 (USP Compact) hasn’t been imported yet.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I know that being on a Walther forum and stating that I traded one in on a non-Walther is about as blasphemous as possible. But let’s tempt fate!! Hahah.

I had an M1 PPS in 40 and aside from pinching my trigger finger with that blade safety and the twitching at the break of the shot, it was a reliable little pistol. But I have yearned for years for an officer’s 1911, and a shop down the street from my place recently got one in. Instead of waiting and possibly missing out on the steal of a deal as I have a few times in the past couple of months, I jumped on the opportunity to get this. It is a bit backwards from the run of the mill Ultra Carry line that has a silver treated frame and the blued slide. This is the Ultra CDP, and it has the carry melt treatment that blends all the sharp edges so nothing digs in.

In 45 ACP, as intended and designed. Took me a hot New York minute to figure out the disassembly and reassembly of this little thing, but it fits my hand better than the PPS did and I am much more familiar with the 1911 platform than anything else. I finally got my dream carry pistol. I have been told they can kick like a mule, but that is yet to be determined. I need to get to the range and try her out sooner rather than later.

Has the checkering on the front strap and the underside of the trigger guard. Thinking about swapping out the grip panels, but that is a back burner thing. Heck it even has glowing night sights. Bonus!!

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Material property
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi from the UK and here are some choice non Walther items you may have or may not have seen...

First up is the Mauser C96 in 7.65mm, large ring hammer inscribed 'Dollmann' - who ever he was?

Second is the PPK look alike the FEG AP9 Mod 74 also in 7.65mm.

3rd is one you may have not seen, an Armalon XDM-9 in 9mm.

Fourth is one you may not have ever heard of, the Moravian Arms Patriot in .32 with 2 x 5 shot muzzle loading blocks for ISSF target free hand.

Then the North American Arms 5 shot in .22.

The Taurus long barrel revolver in .357 Mag - 7 shot, it's very long!

And finally the Grand Power K22 in .22LR with the 'whisper' barrel.

There are a few long barrel rifles but that's possibly not for here!

Hope this is of interest...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Some pics from a few weeks ago.
I finally got to see and shoot the 20" barrel w/3x Swarovski optic Steyr AUG I purchased for my older son last Christmas.
We shot the POF P308 SPR AR-10 (w/Robar NP3 finish), and the younger sons Diamondback DB-308.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I asked because I have seen posts elsewhere from folks in the UK who had to deactivate their guns to keep them.
It's not straight forward but essentially to own and keep a firearm at home the minimum length is 60cms / 24", this for any centre or rim fire cartridge (muzzle load is not affected so you can have as small as you like...). HOWERVER - If you are considered a collector, which you can become by collecting, you can acquire hand guns which in my case are Walther pistols. Currently there are 11 Walther's in my collection and 8 in my non Walther cupboard...

·
Registered
362 Posts
View attachment 94534
The P220 ST didn't stay in my safe too long.
My youngest son turned 21 last week, he wanted a 45acp, so I let him choose between the SIG or a NIB PPQ.
He chose the former.
He filed everything for his LTC on his birthday.
I guess I raised him right. :giggle:
Smart kid, the Sig would've been my choice too. lol

701 - 720 of 972 Posts