Walther Forums banner

641 - 660 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Probably allows them to maintain costs with something that works, and let the end user do what they will. They probably have to balance all the markets they serve to create something that WILL serve them all opposed to something that MIGHT serve most. When it comes to Glock, I'll quote my stance on social media, "I don't follow...". But from what I hear and read, they are as easy to tinker with as anything.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I’ve been seeing a lot of broken photo links in this thread recently. Anyone else experiencing the same?

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I’ve been seeing a lot of broken photo links in this thread recently. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Yes, that's the general problem of linking photos. That's the reason why many forum don't even allow to link photos instead of importing them to the forum server. In the case of the Walther forum it was the opposite. The former admins made the import of photos impractical by limiting the number and the size of photos. The admins even recommended linking photos which now leads to many threads being completely useless. So many photos are lost due to this misjudgment of the situation. A gun forum without detailed photos is probably about as useful as a literature forum would be when contributions are limited there to 50 characters only.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Probably allows them to maintain costs with something that works, and let the end user do what they will. They probably have to balance all the markets they serve to create something that WILL serve them all opposed to something that MIGHT serve most. When it comes to Glock, I'll quote my stance on social media, "I don't follow...". But from what I hear and read, they are as easy to tinker with as anything.
Absolutely. The replacement trigger pretty much jumped right in there. And the rear sight doesn't care which way around you push it in or out, unlike for instance on Walthers.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Absolutely. The replacement trigger pretty much jumped right in there. And the rear sight doesn't care which way around you push it in or out, unlike for instance on Walthers.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
I really like the top and bottom pistols, but what is that thing in the middle? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gilly19

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
browcs, do you like your beretta PX4??? Caliber? They are such nice pistols. I've shot them before, but maybe soon I will own one. Found a 45 ACP model on gun broker with three or four mags and box for just under 400.

·
Registered
52 Posts
browcs, do you like your beretta PX4??? Caliber? They are such nice pistols.
It's a 9mm and a great gun. I sent it to Ernest Langdon for his trigger work and night sights...the trigger is now markedly better.

I fired a Storm in .45 ACP...it was really nice. I think you'll enjoy the gun if you get it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Just picked up this MAB Modèle G in .22LR. Ed Buffaloe thinks it’s 1959-60 production. No importer marks, no WAC mark. My third MAB, this joins a WAC-marked ‘C/D’ and a post-war D both in 7.65mm.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts

Well, people used Photobucket for years. Then, they changed it to people could not link from outside sites unless the person who posted the photo paid a membership fee to Photobucket. That cause MAJOR issues on every gun forum that ever had photos posted.

Before Photobucket - I used imageshack. But, after a few years, old photos posted would no longer show up.

Also, remember that even sites that do still work... People go back and clear out old photos. I do that sometimes too... Forgetting that they may have been linked in a thread years before....

I use Imgur now, most of the time... Hopefully, they will stick around for a while...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Well, people used Photobucket for years. Then, they changed it to people could not link from outside sites unless the person who posted the photo paid a membership fee to Photobucket. That cause MAJOR issues on every gun forum that ever had photos posted.

Before Photobucket - I used imageshack. But, after a few years, old photos posted would no longer show up.

Also, remember that even sites that do still work... People go back and clear out old photos. I do that sometimes too... Forgetting that they may have been linked in a thread years before....

I use Imgur now, most of the time... Hopefully, they will stick around for a while...
I’ve been using Tapatalk for all the fora that support it. Photo posting is a breeze with it.

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Easiest way is to just drag a picture from your hard drive and drop it in the 'image' window. Just click on the image icon at the bottom of the text box, drag and drop....that's it.

641 - 660 of 682 Posts