Walther Forums banner

601 - 620 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are they still making and importing the Zeniths?
Yes, Zenith is still importing the Turkish made MKE HK clones, however they come in to the US in very small batches and sell out pretty quick. There was a batch of Z5RS's that were brought in and made available for sale last Fall.

The 5.56mm Z43 series will most likely not be imported again, these were slow sellers, some of the remaining inventory were actually dismantled here in the US and rebuilt into rifles, they never really imported Turkish made 5.56 rifle other then a few samples that took a special low cap magazine. They were trying to get approval for a 7.62 import but no word on that yet. I bought both mine new in early 2017 and really enjoy them. They are very well made guns.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
SIG P230 in all three calibers

Here is my SIG P230 collection. From top to bottom are examples chambered in 9 mm Police (9x18 Ultra), 9 kurz (.380), and 7.65 (.32). I have boxes and two magazines for each, but not all have the paperwork. All have OEM grips, but here the top two pistols are wearing Marschal grips. The fourth photo shows the difference in appearance of witness holes between the 9 mm Police (top) and 9 kurz magazines, but they are otherwise the same and apparently interchangeable (I haven’t tried this with ammunition, but seating and slide holdback work fine). Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
So, thanks to my daughter, I have finally managed to open a virtual Waffenmuseum Berghauseln on Instagram. I would like to present my own collection of pre 1945 German and Soviet firearms there. Today´s upload is NSKK PP. @waffenmuseum_berghauseln

Attachments

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Here is the Beretta 81BB as she arrived. I bought some oiled walnut shoes for her, I just need to take photos for y'all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
D
Nice, Steve. I was looking at one with walnut furniture coming up at a local auction but it’s postponed for the duration. Did you buy this commercially?
Hey Lee - yes, it was from the recent batch of Italian police turn-in pistols that have been selling in the $250ish range. I got mine from Gander Mountain a couple month ago. The condition is very good, and IMO a bargain for a well-built compact .32. Jimbo80 was very high on these, and he was right!

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
A super-clean '87 (JH) production SIG Sauer P220 in 45 acp........
Interesting that it has the polished slide flats that were a feature unique to the early P220s imported as the Browning BDA.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Interesting that it has the polished slide flats that were a feature unique to the early P220s imported as the Browning BDA.

I'm not exactly sure what this P220 actually is. The Sig label is no longer on the box.

It appears to be a bare aluminium alloy frame (in white, is the term, IIRC).
The slide and barrel appear to be stainless, but might be electroless nickel. If it is E.Nickel, the finish is in TOP condition, with no bare spots or flaking.

A member on the forum stated it might be an FBI commissioned P220.

I purchased because it's West German, in REALLY nice condition, and was stickered at $749.99, got it for $699.99 +tax. It's hard to go wrong with that combination.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
D

Hey Lee - yes, it was from the recent batch of Italian police turn-in pistols that have been selling in the $250ish range. I got mine from Gander Mountain a couple month ago. The condition is very good, and IMO a bargain for a well-built compact .32. Jimbo80 was very high on these, and he was right!
I have one of the original 81s. The grip is a bit thick but it is a very well made pistol and the officer who carried it was very careful.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
Marlin 1894 CSS

Here is my stainless JM Marlin 1894 in .357. Shooting .38 Special feels like a Ruger 10/22, and full-power .357 feels about like my Marlin Camp 9 ;) The last photo shows the first 5 shots that I took with it, which was from a standing position at 15 yards (I was impressed). Prices on the JM 1894s in .357 have gone up considerably since I bought mine in 2014.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what this P220 actually is. The Sig label is no longer on the box.

A member on the forum stated it might be an FBI commissioned P220.

Well, it might have been commissioned by the KGB. Or maybe by CDC or FEMA.

I didn't want to spoil the fun when you posted the picture but that gun left Eckernforde dressed in blue.

M

·
Registered
190 Posts
My carry revolver. A Charter Arms Bulldog On-Duty model in .44 Special. Under 20 oz and compact enough to pocket carry. As an added benefit, the hollow points can double as ashtrays.

601 - 620 of 651 Posts