Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't heard anything about Walther. Only one guy who mentioned S&W didn't have any Walthers on display at their table. Could this be a bad sign?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I have not seen anything about Walther being mentioned at all on any Forum......however I know that Dr. Lunde is at the show.
He just got there today and has posted already some pics on the Sig forum..so it might be he has not gotten to the Walther booth.....
I would assume they will have their owon booth....
I doubt that it is a bad sign of S&W not having any, if Walther has their own... but what do I know... I never been to one...

They were suppose to release a new pistol this year according to their DVD from last year.... but I guess according to a Walther rep in Germany that may not come out till late this year... unless he told me "BS" just to keep it a surprise.......

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As soon as I saw and fired the P22 I thought it would be a great platform for a .380. Well, I can dream, can't I?

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The P22 has a Zinc slide. They'd have to beel it up for a 380. And, seeinga s most 380s are blowback design, it would actually "feel" like a 9mm. Unless it is locked breech, its not a good plan.

·
Registered
356 Posts
In terms of combat pistols, Walther America had nothing new at the 2007 SHOT Show. I was hoping that they'd have the P99c magazine grip sleeve available to see and fondle, but none of the reps there even knew about it. Sigh...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Dr. Lunde
what about the 20 round mag ??
what about the Bi-pod for the G22 ??

So my question would be.... if there was nothing new in terms of Combat pistols.... is Earl at their booth for the sporting section?? Or do they have somebody else importing their target/sporting stuff ??

Oliver

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Did they state whether the A/S will be continued to be imported or will it stop again, as its been removed again from the official website.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The P22 has a Zinc slide. They'd have to beel it up for a 380. And, seeinga s most 380s are blowback design, it would actually "feel" like a 9mm. Unless it is locked breech, its not a good plan.
I was referring to the convence of a single stacked 380 the size of the P22. Obviously you can not just throw a higher powered round in a pistol not design for it. And there is nothing wrong with blow back designed semi auto pistols. If this is something that Walther did do, they would redesign everything and build it from scatch. They would not just put a larger bullet in a frame designed for another round. They are not Glock.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Rotorflyr
Welcome aboard and way to go for your first post....
I guess nobody has looked at the S&W (Walteramerica) site in some time....
Looks like the "AS" is here to stay... though it is not listed in the compact section of the P99.....
I don't know when they updated the Site ... but S&W has been bad about it... so the question kept coming up will it stay or will it go.....

thanks for pointing that out....
Oliver

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yea, there was a guy taking questions on another forum and then asking the reps the next day. I've since got an answer that the A/S will still be coming.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ShipWreck, you wrote:
Did they state whether the A/S will be continued to be imported or will it stop again, as its been removed again from the official website.
The P99 AS is now listed on the Walther America web site. See: http://www.waltheramerica.com/firearms/p99as.cfm

The P99c AS is not listed, but I think it's one of those "one step at a time" sort of things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts