Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
"Choose your next witticism carefully, Mr. Bond. It may be your last."

From one of my favorite henchman in the later films; Dr. Kaufman in "The World Is Not Enough":
"I am a professor of forensic medicine. Believe me Mr. Bond, I could shoot you from Stuttgart und still produce the proper effect"

BTW, does anyone know the pistol he is using, or is it a studio-created gun?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It has always struck me as humorous that the makers of other action films, most of them bad ones, have often tried to capture that same effortless witticism that Bond has so successfully empolyed (and mastered) after dispatching a foil.

Ah-Nuld, for example, has tried it a myriad of times in some of his films. He'd throw a machette into some bad guy's gut, attaching the poor fellow to a wall, and then mutter, as only Ah-Nuld can, "Stick around!" ("Predator"). In another Ah-Nuld "classic" ( and who can remember the names of some of these films?), he blows up a bunch of alligators and deftly roclaims, "You're luggage!"

Poor imitators all: Bond remains the king of the one-liner, and Connery the master of all the Bonds.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Goldfinger may well be my favorite of them all. I love the Kentucky ranch part of the movie. It was from a time when men still wore hats and suits and there were still cars on the road that had a little fin on them. I was born in 1958 and the early Bond films harken back to those days. I find them comforting.

You Only Live Twice is way up there for me as well. The aerial scene of Bond on the run shooting at the chasing dock worker henchmen is an absolute classic and is possibly Bond at his very best and heroic.

Q

·
Registered
729 Posts
searcher451, actually it's, "Shocking. Positively shocking."

One of my favorite Bond film scenes is the Miami Beach card scene at the hotel. I like it when Bond slaps Dink on the rear end and says, "Man talk."

And I love it when Bond takes Jill Masterson's microphone and thumps it with his finger, causing Goldfinger to react miserably to the loud noise in his ear. "Now hear this Goldfinger, your luck has just changed. I doubt very much if the Miami Beach police would take kindly to what you're doing. Nod if you agree. Nod! Now let's start losing. What do you think, five thousand? No, let's be generous and make it ten thousand dollars!"

Heh, heh, heh. Wonderful! Then he turns to Jill and says, "Now what about you?"

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
"That's a Smith & Wesson and you've had your six."

THUMP!.......pause........THUMP!

:cool:

P.S. Poor old Dent was really shooting a Colt! Bond was using a 1910 Browning. Too bad the prop men weren't as clever as the script!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts