Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Smith and Wesson website changed today - It has new graphics and they updated some stuff. Now, it appears that there will no longer be a S&W99 w/ the A/S style trigger either. They quit importing the A/S Walthers and now this...

Get 'em while ya can!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't think It'll be long before the SW99 picture is replaced entirely with the M&P picture...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The removal of the AS configuration, even from S&W, is really unfortunate. I have two of the fullsize P99 in .40 and really like them. I have a SW99 .45 showing up next week... and I'm looking forward to trying out the larger caliber... just for grins. I would NOT have purchased the .45 if it was the DAO (SW990L) config.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I would not have purchased either of my 99s if I could not have gotten them in the A/S config either.

·
Registered
189 Posts
For those looking for a Walther P99 AS in black, Qty 2 - 9mm, Qty 1 - .40S&W, and Qty 1 - 9mm COMPACT, my local dealer (Plano, TX) has them in the display case for $589. These guys are NOT known for having the best price in the world, but they are reputable and a "real" dealer.

http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

FWIW, I have no affiliation with them other than using their indoor range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can still get P99 AS from Earl's, the other, importer of Walther firearms, but you'll pay. Awesome selection but absolute highest prices around. He wants $799 for the P99 AS.

I'm only about a half hour away...I'm going to have to get over there some day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CDNN Investments has Walther NIB P99-CAS semi-autos for $429.99 + shipping.  If you decide to order from CDNN and don't already have a favorite salesman, I suggest you ask for "Jerry".  I have personally purchased both new and used pistols from Jerry and he has always explicitly gone to extra lengths to select a fine unit as well as properly depict the condition of each over the telephone.  He is a real straight-up tell-it-like-it-is guy.

Regards,
Glockguy

p.s.  The sub-compact Glocks are fine pocket weapons but the P-99C AS is a new-found fun experience.  Mine contained signed 25 meter (27.25 yards) German targets measuring 1.875 inches (five (5) shot group).  The P-99C ASs have reliably shot every ammo fed.  And yes, I really like the AS Trigger configuration!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts