Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been a long time since I've been around here but my PPK/S interarms that I've had over 30 years won't eject spent casings. Took the slide all apart. The ejector, all the springs seem to be ok. Cleaned and lubed good and still no eject. It seems to grab the case but as I pull the slide it won't eject it out. Any ideas are appreciated. One of the best 380 guns I've ever owned all these years.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Chamber cleaned well?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Worn extractor tip. Try a new one. Cheap enough part. Maybe try a new extractor spring as well.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
It may work fine when you actually fire it. Running snap caps or live rounds through the action may not work 100%.

Use of live rounds should be restricted to the range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait a minute. Where exactly and in what attitude does it leave the spent case?

M

Does not eject at all. Seems to be grabbing the rim of the case but if I fire a round it just doesn't come out. If I pull the slide back it doesn't come out. Seems to be letting go or something. I guess I will try the suggestion of new ejector and spring.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Are you trying to say that the fired case stays inside the barrel, or that it doesn't exit from the ejection port in the slide?

That will determine whether you should be considering a new ejector or a new extractor. They are not the same.

M

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Had the same problem w. a FN Highpower, cleaned and polished (soft and sentimental ;)) the chamber and it runs flawlessly...

Would you show us some pics of gun and cartouche(s)?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If the slide removes brass to half, and then loses it, this is a problem with the extractor.
Which does not hold the case in the slide cup.
Most likely, replacing the extractor will help.
But given that this is an Interarms, a standard extractor may not work.
Then, either a self-made extractor need, or a slide replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is a good place for me to order new slide parts, ejector/extractor, springs for the old Interarms PPK/S?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts